Photo

Why, why IPOD why won't you work!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 Autumn

Autumn
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:41 AM

this happened to me once too - I had to take it to the nearest Apple store and they rebooted it for me
    (I had to reload all my music and everything, but it's worked fine ever since :)

#12 michaelwachniak

michaelwachniak
    • 271 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:09 AM

this happened to me before and believe it or not, all i did to fix it was to switch where the ipod usb cable was plugged on the back of my computer... if you have another usb port on your computer just try it with that one... not sure if you have or havent, but its worth a shot!!!

#13 jmill130

jmill130
      • 601 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:23 AM

Ive had issues with my ipod before, i had to reset it. Info from Apples website:
        How to reset iPod

#14 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
        • 419 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:09 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by cheese_diva
          Hold down the menu and play button at the same time for about 7 seconds.. the screen will go blank and then the apple will appear to show it's reset. You won't loose any of your music.. I would die if that happened.

Here's a site that tells you about it and also what to do if your Mac/PC doesn't recognize your iPod.

G4 - Feature - Secrets of the iPod
          Thanks! I will try that next time. It has only happened a couple of times so I had to look into what to do about it. You made my job easier..lol Thanks!

#15 staceyandadam

staceyandadam
          • 114 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:29 PM

Ok... so here is my conclusion.. I took it to the apple store at mall of america.. they rebooted it.. and erased all my music... I came home it still works on my mac but not on my pc... Apple gave me a new itunes cd to download to my pc and that didnt fix it soooo I am going to move all my music from my pc to my mac since the ipod works on my mac! Ahhhhh! Thanks for all the advice and help!

ps I did switch from the usb port on the front of my pc to the one on the back per your suggestion! No luck! Oh, well I guess my Ipod is strictly mac only now! Must they be soooo choosy!
            **Stace**

#16 gkashmira

gkashmira
            • 1,962 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:28 PM

I don't have an iPod (but Dan does) and I was always under the impressions that they worked on a Mac OR a PC but not both. Is this not true?
              Kashmira & Dan
              Happily married since June 16, 2007
              http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
              Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
              Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users