Photo

I emailed my Las Caletas STD

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kitooze

Kitooze
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:13 PM

I found a lot of great maps and graphics online and created a pdf that I emailed to everyone.

The version you see here is very low-res to keep the file size down for posting, and I had to delete a lot of pages, but the maps and stuff are actually really clear in the original files. I also had a page 2 with info on sites to check out for hotels and PV info. I created it in InDesign CS2. It has maps for every area along the cost, from Conchas Chinas to Nuevo Vallarta.

I also plan to print it out (I'll replace the 2nd page text with anything new info I have) and put it in my OOT bags so everyone has maps for their trip.

If anyone wants the original files emailed to them let me know, you just need to have InDesign or a designer friend who can alter it for you.

Enjoy!

Attached Files

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:26 PM

Nice work! Your date is approaching fast!

#3 lscilley

lscilley
      • 1,466 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:22 AM

They look great you did a fantastic job!

#4 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:26 AM

I love it, I am so stealing it!

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:02 AM

Since this is your "STD" - are your guests already booked, or at least know about the wedding date/location - or is this first they're hearing? Can't wait to hear about their response!

#6 Kitooze

Kitooze
            • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:51 AM

I actually emailed them at the beginning of Feb. Just sent out the actual invitations this past week and people started receiving them on Tuesday. Most of our friends and family have known for months that a wedding was on the way, and were just waiting for a date to be set. Not my ideal to wait so long for everything, but my fiancee has serious problems making decisions and always holds things up. I am to the point where I am just making decisions behind his back at this point to get things done.

Out of all my friends and family I only expect 10-16 to come, but my fiancee's side will probably have a big turnout. In the end we expect 50 - 60.

#7 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:14 AM

That's great and the photo of PV is awesome!

BTW I think I've been to PV too many times when I know what streets run where before I study the map...lol And nice touch with the Marietas Islands, have you been? Great snorkeling there!

#8 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:29 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Kitooze
                  I actually emailed them at the beginning of Feb. Just sent out the actual invitations this past week and people started receiving them on Tuesday. Most of our friends and family have known for months that a wedding was on the way, and were just waiting for a date to be set. Not my ideal to wait so long for everything, but my fiancee has serious problems making decisions and always holds things up. I am to the point where I am just making decisions behind his back at this point to get things done.

Out of all my friends and family I only expect 10-16 to come, but my fiancee's side will probably have a big turnout. In the end we expect 50 - 60.
                  Ahhh - I see. That's a good size group, I think - we had about 60 as well. I'd say about 1/4 of them were my side!

#9 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:11 PM

That looks fantastic! I love the map that includes LC in it

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#10 jajajaja

jajajaja
                    • VIP Member
                    • 9,794 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:00 PM

Great map. I may have to add that to my letter I'm going to send here in a bit. Most of my guests have never been to PV so they are a little nervous.

Wow- you have a lot of people going for short notice. I told my people over a year ago and they still couldn't get the vacation time, the money or some other weak excuse. That's awesome you have a huge supportive group!
                      Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users