Jump to content

Photo

AHR Vent


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 FinallyMrsBeckermann

FinallyMrsBeckermann
  • Jr. Member
  • 161 posts

    Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:24 PM

    I just wish it was over! Before our wedding I totally just didn't do anything for the AHR because I was so stressed about the wedding itself. So now the wedding is over and the AHR is March 8th and I have so much to do!! I feel like all this stress should be gone now that the wedding is over but I guess it just doesn't end until the AHR is over.. I had such a breakdown the other night that I begged my husband to cancel the AHR because I'm just not getting any help at all from my MOH.
    I am so ready for all this planning stuff to be over! Sorry if none of this makes since.. I'm feeling a bit crazy right now..

    #2 Jenn

    Jenn
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,557 posts

      Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:25 PM

      Hang in there girl! Is there anything we can do to help? What do you need to do?

      #3 foxytv

      foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

        Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:27 PM

        Girl, I am still stressing about the upcoming DW but I KNOW how you are feeling. My main concern is $$$ for the AHR!!! But I haven't done one single thing for it yet either -- and don't plan to until we get back.

        How elaborate are you making it? I'm trying to keep our AHR as simple as possible. Even planning on making our own cupcake tower -- but I have a feeling I will run out of time. lol. The BM who was supposed to do it is no longer a part of the wedding ... and I COMPLETELY relate about getting no help from your MOH. My sister is the ONLY BM helping with ANYTHING (and she lives 2+ hours away).

        #4 Karen

        Karen
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,308 posts

          Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:30 PM

          I felt the same way when I came home from our DW. But don't worry, if you have all the big stuff done, everything else will fall into place or no one will miss it if it doesn't get done.
          <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

          #5 FinallyMrsBeckermann

          FinallyMrsBeckermann
          • Jr. Member
          • 161 posts

            Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:06 PM

            My biggest thing I have to figure out is my centerpieces and what I am going to do with the tables. I have to find some sort of table runner or something.. I have the flowers ordered and I have the "vases" but I need to decorate the "vases" a little bit.
            The reason I am putting vases in quotes is because mine isn't.. well.. something a normal person would use for vases. LOL...
            But yes we are trying to make this AHR very simple but I feel like more and more keeps adding on!

            #6 FinallyMrsBeckermann

            FinallyMrsBeckermann
            • Jr. Member
            • 161 posts

              Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:07 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by foxytv
              Girl, I am still stressing about the upcoming DW but I KNOW how you are feeling. My main concern is $$$ for the AHR!!! But I haven't done one single thing for it yet either -- and don't plan to until we get back.

              How elaborate are you making it? I'm trying to keep our AHR as simple as possible. Even planning on making our own cupcake tower -- but I have a feeling I will run out of time. lol. The BM who was supposed to do it is no longer a part of the wedding ... and I COMPLETELY relate about getting no help from your MOH. My sister is the ONLY BM helping with ANYTHING (and she lives 2+ hours away).
              Isn't it amazing how people that are suppossed to be the ones helping you out and making things less stressful think that they don't need to do anything to help? Or "have other things going on" when you need their help!?

              #7 foxytv

              foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

                Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:17 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by FinallyMrsBeckermann
                Isn't it amazing how people that are suppossed to be the ones helping you out and making things less stressful think that they don't need to do anything to help? Or "have other things going on" when you need their help!?

                AMEN sister! All I hear when I talk to one of my BM's is "I am ssoo busy" and never an offere to help or anything. Do some people really not know that being a BM is more than just an honor ... that it means helping out? Obviously too many don't think that way. aarrgghh!!!

                But, it will get done, I promise you. And it's true -- what's not done no one will know about but you...

                #8 FinallyMrsBeckermann

                FinallyMrsBeckermann
                • Jr. Member
                • 161 posts

                  Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:26 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by foxytv
                  AMEN sister! All I hear when I talk to one of my BM's is "I am ssoo busy" and never an offere to help or anything. Do some people really not know that being a BM is more than just an honor ... that it means helping out? Obviously too many don't think that way. aarrgghh!!!

                  But, it will get done, I promise you. And it's true -- what's not done no one will know about but you...
                  Hah. Yes I think people think that being a BM just means that they show up on the wedding day and get to party and that's it!

                  #9 Karen

                  Karen
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,308 posts

                    Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:56 PM

                    At this point, with 11 days to go, I would try to come up with a tablescape that is as simple as possible. I'm the kind of person who gets bogged down into minute details and I have to snap myself out of it. I don't know where you are having your reception or what you have in mind for vases....but if you are anything like me, you will go bonkers if you spend too much time worrying about center pieces. I know I calm down when I have a list of tasks that I can cross off. I broke into tears at my AHR because seating got screwed up. I gain my composure after having a margarita. lol. Just know as long as the people you love are there, everything will be fine. Sounds corny but it's true.
                    <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

                    #10 Sandra E.

                    Sandra E.
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 2,183 posts

                      Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:17 PM

                      Please forgive me, can't figure out what AHR stands for?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users