Photo

Caborey anyone?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:03 PM

We're trying to decide on a dinner cruise and the company we had been talking to Sunrider is no longer providing the Sunrider dinner cruise. Apparently they had a customer service issue with them. So I'm looking into other options, Sunrider has a new dinner cruise, but I saw the pictures and the boat looks awful. So I'm looking into the Caborey cruise but it's so expensive 111.00pp. So before I commit has anyone used them. The boat and the web site look great.

Thank you!

#2 uclamurray

uclamurray
    • 32 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:43 PM

I haven't used them, but I know that the travel agent we are working with in the states uses them often and recommends them. Don't know how much help that is?

Does yours include dinner? We were quoted $46 per person, but that was only for drinks and chips and salsa.

#3 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
      • 2,183 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:03 PM

Yea, that includes dinner, taxes and tip pp.

#4 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
        • 5,705 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:36 PM

It's really good! I've had the chance not only to dine but to shoot on board, totally recommended.

d!no

#5 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:24 PM

you might want to check out the Pez Gato too... im considering using them, and Corey (coreyphil) is using them for her wedding next weekend. she promised a full review of Pez Gato when she gets back, so keep an eye out for that. The price she is paying is like $40/pp and includes drinks and heavy appetizers for a sunset cruise.

#6 vinxy

vinxy
          • 14 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:26 PM

Hi Sodria,

Could you please elaborate on Sunrider. We had worked out all the details with them but now you have me worried. Have they stopped dinner cruises entirely. Or are they using a new boat. Which boat did they use to use and what boat are they using now.

#7 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
            • 2,183 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:03 PM

Sure, when I started looking into it I contacted Cabo San Lucas tours and while we were in communication and I was about to book they told me they were no longer working with Sunrider. Apparently they had a customer service problem and cut the relationship. So I spoke with Karla and asked her for other options. She gave me another option, well it looks like the "cown boat" and it's definitely not a boat for a rehearsal dinner, they have a fajitas buffet but don't have full tables there will just be a few coffee tables. So it looks great to take a casual tour around cabo, but it wasn't a good option for us. Here are some of the pictures she sent me:

Click the image to open in full size.

#8 vinxy

vinxy
              • 14 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:36 PM

Thanks Sodria,

SO I guess the company you were working with developed a bad relationship with Sunrider. And the alternative they offer is not with sunrider. I have been speaking with sunrider directly. While the communication is a little slow, the price is right and I think worth the hassle. Overall I read very positive reviews so I am still OK with them. You could consider just contacting them directly. We are paying just over $40 a head.

#9 cabobridey

cabobridey
                • 141 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:22 PM

I have been on the Caborey, and really loved it. It is by no means a fancy boat... but the staff is amazing, and the margaritas are strong! = )

I might be doing a daytime snorkelling cruise for my group in July!

The price does seem high. On their website it says 89+tax. Are you doing a private dinner... it that why the price is high? You would think they would offer discounts on groups.

I am a travel agent, and we often sell tours by Grayline. Go to their website, they have a dinner cruise that they offer for 56 per person. You can probably contact them regarding group rates.

Good luck!!

~ H

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users