Photo

Bustle Ideas

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
  • 490 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:24 PM

I'm going for my first fitting this weekend and I have no idea what type of bustle I want or what would look good. If you have ideas can you post different pictures of different bustles??

Here is my dress.
    Front
    Click the image to open in full size.
    Back

#2 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
    • 1,016 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:32 PM

Your dress is beautiful!! When I went in for my dress fitting they asked me about the bustle and because I hadn't even thought about it, I was completely clueless. The lady showed me a couple of options but this is what I ended up with.

Here is the back of my dress.

And here is the bustle.

It is a very simple bustle but because I had two layers, she bustled them separately.

#3 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
      • 1,565 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:37 PM

a reallyyyyyyyy good bit of advise (if the ties are underneath the dress and not the one that hooks up outiside)

have the person color coordinate the ties so that when its time to bustle you arent trying to remember what goes where. you just tie the two red strings together and the two blue and so on ... it can take forever otherwise if you forget or you can do it wrong and it looks uneven :)

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:40 PM

Because of the detailing on the train of my gown, the simple bustle like melglnh2o's wouldn't allow the detailing to show on mine.

So, this is how mine will bustle -- more straight across the top with side buttons. Hopefully you can see what I mean...

#5 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
          • 490 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:44 PM

Tami- I think that is what I'll get, something like yours. Do you know what that type is called? Because of the details on the train I dont want them covered.

#6 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:52 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by KellyandMatt08
              Tami- I think that is what I'll get, something like yours. Do you know what that type is called? Because of the details on the train I dont want them covered.
              She didn't say a name for the type of bustle ... but she did the simple one first and I asked if there was another option in order to show the detail ... so she sitched it to this one. It's costing only $45.

Can you print out the pic of mine? Just take it with you -- or just let her know that you need a bustle option that highlights your dress' detailing.

Can't wait to see how it turns out!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users