Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!
Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:42 PM
Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:06 PM
Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:05 PM
I was just curious what everybody is doing for music - ceremony, reception etc.
I am thinking about doing a strings ensemble of some sort for the ceremony but worry about them being drowned out by the waves
I would love to hear what everybody else is thinking about doing.
Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:52 PM
I'm having my wedding at the Paradisus on November 7, 2009. I'm really excited about it. I did a trial run this past November and had a wonderful experience. We met wih Perla first hand and she was wonderful
Has anyone had any dealings with the in house DJ there? I'm wondering how your experience has been with him. I find that the DJ issue is becoming the most annoying part of planning so far. Any imput?
Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:02 AM
How is everyone's planning going thus far? Updates, please! : ) I can't believe how fast time is flying. As for me, I am still so indecisive when it comes down to picking colors, huppa design, and centerpieces. I already ordered bouquets from AA, but now considering selling them after realizing the amount of stuff I would have to bring down to Mexico. My bouquet, 5 bm bouquets (but now I have 7 bm), centerpieces... YIKES! I think I may order bouquets from the resort for the bm and use them as centerpieces for the reception. Decisions, decisions!
Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:21 AM
- We put deposits on hotels for our honeymoon. We are just heading down to Tulum for some seclusion and adventure. We are staying at "Al Cielo" hotel 3nt and "Nueva Vida de Ramiro" 3nt. Glad that is all out of the way. We couldn't make decisions for the longest.
- What is everyone doing about mariachis? Are you using the hotel ones or do you have an outside vendor for that to suggest? I just can't get over the $1200 for 45 minutes pricetag but we really want them. We are trying to figure out a better way.
- As far as colors.. I'm not being super duper crazy about them but trying to stick with the invitation colors we used which were chocolate brown, an apricot orange and aqua blue accent.
- i have also decided to not spend extra money on centerpieces. I think I want to go with the fantasy candle centerpiece and then maybe add something else.. but I don't want to pay for mega centerpieces. I am going to let the beach be the "centerpiece". I went to 2 weddings in december and was paying attention to how unimportant the centerpieces really were. (But that's just me..)
- I am worried about having to bring down a lot to Mexico because I am the worst packer. Even when we go away for a weekend I overpack- so this scares me.
- I am going to wait till our rsvp date (2/15) to start pulling together OOT bags and stuff cause I have no idea how much to buy.
* Fanny - I just realized that we arrive to paradisus on May 19th.. you will be married!
Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:51 PM
I agree about the centerpieces - who remembers those? What is the "fantasy" centerpiece. I was just thinking of using a hurricane lamp and candle for the centerpiece and throw some stones around it. I wonder how much they can charge for that? I thought the hurricane lamp might better protect the candle from the wind so it won't go out.
I am asking my soon to be father-in-law to play acoustic guitar at the wedding to try to save some money. If he can't, then I would pay the loads of money. I think music really sets the stage for the wedding and is really important.
Just an FYI - Perla confirmed with us that the dinners include 3 hours of bar. If you just get the appetizers it only comes with 1 hour of open bar.
What are you doing for OOT bags? I think the hotel charges $5/room to deliver them...yikes.
Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:42 PM
For OOT bags, I'll to keep it relatively simple w/ aloe vera packets, lotion, mints and perhaps a couple of other items and put then in small paper gift bags. I think I'll hand them out at our welcome party at the lobby bar.
Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:37 AM
I am leaning towards a paper OOT bag. I don't know yet- again it's a bout minimal packing for me so we'll see.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users