Photo

Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#711 yolyd75

yolyd75
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:04 PM

thanks missy... I have another question (sorry) did you ship your centerpieces before you arrived or did you pack everything up into your luggage when you traveled?

#712 yolyd75

yolyd75
    • 13 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:05 PM

Missy.. disregard my last post.. I just re-read your post.. sorry.. long day.. did you have to pay extra in order to take your centerpices with you on the plane?

#713 MissyR

MissyR
      • 1,210 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 04:13 PM

No we didn't pay extra! We carried on two boxes (10 centrepieces in total) - We each took one box as our carry on and then I had a larger purse...

#714 christina276

christina276
        • 18 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:30 PM

Did anyone do a site visit during Spring Break time? I'm curious if the resort will be packed. A lot of the reviews I read for trips that happened in March seemed a lot less positive then other times. We're weighing our options between the heat in June or the crowd in March! Any opinions?

#715 cac239

cac239
          • 37 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:35 PM

Hello,
            I am a fellow Paradisus bride getting married May 15th 2009. I have just finished reading all 72 pages so I think I am all caught up :)

I have a question about the rates for the mariachi/drum/trio etc.

Perla gave me these rates today and they seem very high. Wondering if this is what you girls were quoted. I don't have my ppwk in front of me but when I was on a site visit this past Aug I don't recall them being that high.

For the Steel Drum, Trio, Violinist & Saxophonist the price per every 45 minutes is $650USD + tax.

The Mariachi is $1200USD + tax for 45 minutes of service.

I know the Paradisus is more expensive which I have come to accept but do they change their prices on a regular basis depending on their mood

#716 bumbles

bumbles
            • 574 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 03:58 PM

Hey, I don't have my info w/ me but that sounds about right. Did you receive an amenities list from her? It has pricing for music and other things. I'll take a look at the document when I get home if someone hasn't already answered your question. Btw, I arrive at Paradisus the day of your wedding! :) Ooo! I am going to sneak a peek from afar!

#717 yamille

yamille
              • 1,460 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:52 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by cac239
                Hello,
                I am a fellow Paradisus bride getting married May 15th 2009. I have just finished reading all 72 pages so I think I am all caught up :)

I have a question about the rates for the mariachi/drum/trio etc.

Perla gave me these rates today and they seem very high. Wondering if this is what you girls were quoted. I don't have my ppwk in front of me but when I was on a site visit this past Aug I don't recall them being that high.

For the Steel Drum, Trio, Violinist & Saxophonist the price per every 45 minutes is $650USD + tax.

The Mariachi is $1200USD + tax for 45 minutes of service.

I know the Paradisus is more expensive which I have come to accept but do they change their prices on a regular basis depending on their mood
                That's the correct price. It's insane but true. A friend of a friend who is mexican suggested that I hire a mariachi band that she is hiring for her mexican wedding- which I might do. I haven't really looked into it yet. I did email perla and she said that was okay but there apparently is abunch of paper work that needs to be filled out that the gov't requires. She was adamant about this. I will post the band info when I get it. I figure even if it's their rate plus the $300 outside vendor fee it may still be less....

#718 MissyR

MissyR
                • 1,210 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:25 PM

Wow the prices have really gone up. For me the mariachi is $650 for 45 minutes - that's the 2007 rate that she's honouring since I booked last December!

#719 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                  • 4,881 posts
                  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                  • LocationNew York

Posted 10 October 2008 - 07:18 AM

Hi Ladies! Sorry I've been awol for so long! I've got a bunch of new responsibilities at work and I have been incredibly busy.

It sounds like most questions have been answered, but I didn't read too thoroughly so if there was anything anyone needed from me, please let me know.

And yes, I'm still working on getting a proper review done. My wedding was 2 months ago yesterday (gah!) and I STILL haven't gotten it done. Bad rebecca!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#720 sandra1976

sandra1976
                  • 64 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:14 AM

Yes the prices that Paradisus offers are just carzy....Everything costs so much money.... I'm using AJUA and they are cheaper even after paying their fee of 110 dollars for setting up the musicians.... for the MAriachi's they charge 375.00... so after paying for AJUA fee of 110.00 + 375.00+300.00 outside vendor fee it's only 785.00 much cheaper. Search the net for AJUA weddings.
                    Our trash the dress....friends pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users