Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2758 replies to this topic

#1601 RCBlondie

• 199 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:20 PM

Hello ladies,

last night I started to review the pages of this forum (for a second time) and only just realised that the ceremony in the package is not a legal one...! I know we could have a legal ceremony but at a very steep cost, $1000 USD.

After a long discussion with my FI we had decided that we may need to review our resort options. The cost of Paradisus may be a little more than we had planned. The fact the resort only does one wedding a day is very attractive, but their costs are just so high and they really do seem to charge for every little thing. It is tough because we may not know exactly what we want to change to a package for the next couple of months and then the cost of our destination wedding is too much for us to attend!

Thank you all for your wonderful comments and all the information. I will stop by and try to read your posts even though I may have to join a new thread elsewhere.

LAURENANDBILL - have a wonderful day and I will watch for your review and photos!

It has been great chatting with you all and Missy, I too refer to you all as my Forum Friends/People when chatting with my FI! hehe

Rachelle & Randal
    June 2010

#1602 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:15 AM

Bumbles, fabulous teasers! You are so cute and tiny!

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#1603 becks

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:19 AM

Fann!!!! I love your photos! you look so happy!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

• 391 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:25 AM

Bumble-Love your pics-Gorgous bride
        Yamille-I looked at yours last night..ALL 200 LOVE IT..stunning..

both are you gorgous brides

#1605 LAURENANDBILL

• 391 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:25 AM

Yamille- Are you going to be able to send me the star fish I would love it..

#1606 SamG

• 11 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 10:55 AM

Hi Ladies,

I don't get a chance to get on much, but I do read all the posts via email. You all do post some great info, and I love it. I was wondering if any of the brides who've already been married at PRC used the in house photographer, and if so, have you posted your pictures? John and I are using their photgrapher, and I just want to be sure we're making the right decision, especially after viewing all of the wonderful slide shows from other photographers.

Thanks for the help!

#1607 bumbles

• 574 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:31 PM

Aw, thanks ladies! :)

SD - Ask Perla about the bigger gazebo they have built/are building at the resort. She said it was built to for Mayan wedding ceremony that they offer, but perhaps you can use it for a regular ceremony. Sorry, I didn't get to see it and take pictures! We got married on the sand and it as so nice! I didn't wear shoes, so walking on sand wasn't a problem.

SamG - sorry I don't have any info on the resort's photog

Lauren - You're only a few weeks away ---- EXCITING!

#1608 yamille

• 1,460 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:37 AM

I did not use the house photographer so I can't comment on that and I also got married on the sand with no shoes.

I had no trouble walking... it's sand so I mean I probably didn't look super glam but that wasn't my goal.

Lauren- The starfish is on it's way. :)

#1609 LAURENANDBILL

• 391 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:49 AM

Thanks Yamille...
                  Im excited and nervous at the same time..
                  Just wish it come already

#1610 SMB&CRZ

• 165 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:32 PM

So I was thinking about having fire dancers perform during the reception as a surprise for all my guests. But looking back through the thread, it seems they aren't allowed at the hotel because of the palapas. Dang! Missy, I think I saw you mention that Perla said she had an idea for a performance...I haven't found yet if you posted what that was. Could you let me know if she got back to you on that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users