Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MissyR

Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Robin, did Paradisus charge a vendor fee for the dj? If you don't mind me asking, what quote did you get for dj service w/ Mannia? I contacted the resort's preferred vendor and it is way out of my budget. Has anyone heard from Daniela? I haven't heard from her in a while sad.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fanny,

 

We are using Carlos too. He is charging us $1600, but are also getting a dance floor from him that he is putting on the beach. Perla has charged us the $300 outside vendor fee (because SWANK has to attend the event as well).

 

Perla also charged us $300 for using an outside photographer. We are trying to get her to remove this charge, since there does not appear to be a need for any "supervision." Have any of you had luck getting this fee waived for the photographers?

 

-Thanks,

 

Meredith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
Fanny,

We are using Carlos too. He is charging us $1600, but are also getting a dance floor from him that he is putting on the beach. Perla has charged us the $300 outside vendor fee (because SWANK has to attend the event as well).

Perla also charged us $300 for using an outside photographer. We are trying to get her to remove this charge, since there does not appear to be a need for any "supervision." Have any of you had luck getting this fee waived for the photographers?

-Thanks,

Meredith
I don't think she will waive the fee because I believe somewhere in some contract it states that any outside vendors either stay at the resort and pay for a room or pay the outside vendor fee. I am paying a bunch of money in fees.. carlos, delsol photog, and a marichi band through ajua weddings (which still with the fee is less than what paradisus charges and it's a 6 piece band!) So.. um yeah like a grand in outside vendor fees

** you girls that have had the dancefloor on the beach- worth it?
How was dancing on the terrace for those that didn't do the beach thing? I am having like 28 ppl..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I LOVED having the dance floor on the beach, but we were a large party (76), and had jewish hora dancing (w/ me and DH raised in chairs), and I thought we might hit our heads on the terrace ceiling if we had dancing on the terrace (I didn't want to be a youtube wedding disaster video!). For a smaller party, the terrace is plenty big enough. It just depends if you want to dance on the beach (which you could do w/o a dance floor in theory too!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had 59 ppl and the dancing on the terrace was awesome! Tons of space (keep in mind that not everyone dances!) everyone went barefoot as well so no worries about splinters and all that..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbood View Post
I LOVED having the dance floor on the beach, but we were a large party (76), and had jewish hora dancing (w/ me and DH raised in chairs), and I thought we might hit our heads on the terrace ceiling if we had dancing on the terrace (I didn't want to be a youtube wedding disaster video!). For a smaller party, the terrace is plenty big enough. It just depends if you want to dance on the beach (which you could do w/o a dance floor in theory too!)
I love Jewish weddings becuase of all the great dancing and interesting traditions. So fun! I think you made a good call on using the beach floor. I would worry about hitting my head too!


Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyR View Post
We had 59 ppl and the dancing on the terrace was awesome! Tons of space (keep in mind that not everyone dances!) everyone went barefoot as well so no worries about splinters and all that..
That's what I needed to hear- tons of room and NO splinters! So no floor on the beach then. Honestly we are so out of the original budget right now I don't think FI could handle it. :) thanks for the input ladies.
ps Missy I love your sig pic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
  • Topics

×