Sign in to follow this  
MissyR

Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

Robin, did Paradisus charge a vendor fee for the dj? If you don't mind me asking, what quote did you get for dj service w/ Mannia? I contacted the resort's preferred vendor and it is way out of my budget. Has anyone heard from Daniela? I haven't heard from her in a while sad.gif

Fanny,

We are using Carlos too. He is charging us $1600, but are also getting a dance floor from him that he is putting on the beach. Perla has charged us the $300 outside vendor fee (because SWANK has to attend the event as well).

Perla also charged us $300 for using an outside photographer. We are trying to get her to remove this charge, since there does not appear to be a need for any "supervision." Have any of you had luck getting this fee waived for the photographers?

-Thanks,

Meredith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith View Post
Fanny,

We are using Carlos too. He is charging us $1600, but are also getting a dance floor from him that he is putting on the beach. Perla has charged us the $300 outside vendor fee (because SWANK has to attend the event as well).

Perla also charged us $300 for using an outside photographer. We are trying to get her to remove this charge, since there does not appear to be a need for any "supervision." Have any of you had luck getting this fee waived for the photographers?

-Thanks,

Meredith
I don't think she will waive the fee because I believe somewhere in some contract it states that any outside vendors either stay at the resort and pay for a room or pay the outside vendor fee. I am paying a bunch of money in fees.. carlos, delsol photog, and a marichi band through ajua weddings (which still with the fee is less than what paradisus charges and it's a 6 piece band!) So.. um yeah like a grand in outside vendor fees

** you girls that have had the dancefloor on the beach- worth it?
How was dancing on the terrace for those that didn't do the beach thing? I am having like 28 ppl..

I LOVED having the dance floor on the beach, but we were a large party (76), and had jewish hora dancing (w/ me and DH raised in chairs), and I thought we might hit our heads on the terrace ceiling if we had dancing on the terrace (I didn't want to be a youtube wedding disaster video!). For a smaller party, the terrace is plenty big enough. It just depends if you want to dance on the beach (which you could do w/o a dance floor in theory too!)

We had 59 ppl and the dancing on the terrace was awesome! Tons of space (keep in mind that not everyone dances!) everyone went barefoot as well so no worries about splinters and all that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbood View Post
I LOVED having the dance floor on the beach, but we were a large party (76), and had jewish hora dancing (w/ me and DH raised in chairs), and I thought we might hit our heads on the terrace ceiling if we had dancing on the terrace (I didn't want to be a youtube wedding disaster video!). For a smaller party, the terrace is plenty big enough. It just depends if you want to dance on the beach (which you could do w/o a dance floor in theory too!)
I love Jewish weddings becuase of all the great dancing and interesting traditions. So fun! I think you made a good call on using the beach floor. I would worry about hitting my head too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyR View Post
We had 59 ppl and the dancing on the terrace was awesome! Tons of space (keep in mind that not everyone dances!) everyone went barefoot as well so no worries about splinters and all that..
That's what I needed to hear- tons of room and NO splinters! So no floor on the beach then. Honestly we are so out of the original budget right now I don't think FI could handle it. :) thanks for the input ladies.
ps Missy I love your sig pic.