Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MissyR

Paradisus Riviera Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Everytime I have called Cecilia directly she has answered the phone... and Angie I agree with you, everyone has said everything went very well when it was time for their wedding. I am going to do the same thing for OOT bags and I have also purchased the bows for the chairs on ebay that end up being a lot cheaper than the $4.00 a chair they charge. That $10 per person for the extra hour I have not heard that yet... but thanks for the info!

 

Angie - who are you using for DJ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jac - Sorry to hear that! I really hope you stick it out with the rest of us PR brides but can totally understand wher you're coming from. To be honest, I'm finding this resort very very pricey compared to others we've looked at also...

 

Jewels- $4 a bag is INSANE! I didn't know that! I will definately be handing mine out personally at that price.

 

Avong- You are sooo organized! I'm getting married like a week after you and I haven't started planning anything yet. This is making be panicky actually. Have you already looked into your welcome reception because I know I want one but don't even know where to start??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenvuitton View Post
Everytime I have called Cecilia directly she has answered the phone... and Angie I agree with you, everyone has said everything went very well when it was time for their wedding. I am going to do the same thing for OOT bags and I have also purchased the bows for the chairs on ebay that end up being a lot cheaper than the $4.00 a chair they charge. That $10 per person for the extra hour I have not heard that yet... but thanks for the info!

Angie - who are you using for DJ??
Lauren,are you doing a custom package or one of their romance packages? I'm renting my bows from a place for a buck a bow and bringing them with me. Thought that was pretty reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenamono View Post
The legal ceremony is $900-1000 additional (cant remember the exact price right now) and that is why a lot of couples opt to marry at home first and have a symbolic at their destination (no one will know unless you tell them). We are having a legal ceremony is anyone else? I am curious what paperwork we need etc. I did print out the link from Paradisus on what you need I was just curious if anyone has actually spoken to Perla about this and I havent asked her yet, just going by the website link.
Oh and Perla just got back to me today about the contract. Im not sure if she totally ignored my question but her response was "I can make any changes I want up to a week before the wedding after that no changes can be made." So I guess that means no contracthuh.gif? So confused.
Wow, is it really an extra $1000 to get married in Mexico? From what I had read, it was about $175 for the blood test, and then the birth certificates had to be translated, which was about $100 each...the actual marriage certificate was included...what am I missing? I was anticipating about $500 in legal costs. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindylcarter View Post
Wow, is it really an extra $1000 to get married in Mexico? From what I had read, it was about $175 for the blood test, and then the birth certificates had to be translated, which was about $100 each...the actual marriage certificate was included...what am I missing? I was anticipating about $500 in legal costs. Thanks!
the blood test is $175 and then all the other cost but keep in mind you also need to pay the lawyer fees and all. We are going to get married at home in the courts and then just have a ceremony out there for about $300 i think it was, also have you been told its $5 for any candles you might get from them for the reception, and $6 for any extra chairs at the ceremony. The first package we had picked had 6 chairs and she told me it was $6 more for extra chairs.

I am bringing my own photographer so I plan on saving on that, but this hotel is starting to disappoint me, my sister got married at the Moon palace 4 years ago and her center pieces were included. and it wasn't EXTRA for "open bar" I find that so stupid considering its an all inclusive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by MayanLily View Post
Jac - Sorry to hear that! I really hope you stick it out with the rest of us PR brides but can totally understand wher you're coming from. To be honest, I'm finding this resort very very pricey compared to others we've looked at also...

Jewels- $4 a bag is INSANE! I didn't know that! I will definately be handing mine out personally at that price.

Avong- You are sooo organized! I'm getting married like a week after you and I haven't started planning anything yet. This is making be panicky actually. Have you already looked into your welcome reception because I know I want one but don't even know where to start??
I am just a planner that it kills me to not know!! I am going to chill out though until June when we'll send out invitations and then the real fun starts with the OOT bags and everything else. Is everyone definitely doing OOT bags? I am starting to debate them. Seems to be a lot of money and trouble for things most people will bring with them or not want/need.

I am actually not doing the dj as it is so ridiculously expensive. We are buying a nice Bose speaker and loading our own ipod. A few other brides have done this as well.

I am also getting married here in the states and just doing the symbolic ceremony there. It seems like too much of a hassle and money to do it in Mexico.

I was planning on bringing my own chair bows that I found on ebay for less than a dollar a piece but in the email Cecila sent me, they charge $1 bow to put them on and I went back to an earlier email and she quoted me $3 bow so at that rate, do I just let them provide them so I don't have to buy them and then lug them down there with me?

I'm going to try and not stress about centerpieces either as the beach and ocean is the best decoration we could ask for and do you remember the centerpieces at the last few weddings you've been to? Not me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping to delegate the bow tying to a friend of mine. Wonder if the hotel allows that?? I tied about 200 for a friend once so she owes me! 30 is not so bad anyways, she can handle it.

 

I was really liking the aqua package too Lauren but I'm not a fan of the color. Defeats the purpose of an "aqua" package I know but I just wish they had a green or orange color instead sad.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by avong1228 View Post
By the way, just finished our wedding website! Let me know what you guys think and if I am missing anything. Feel free to share yours as well!

Angie & Blake | 10/15/10
great website angie. love the honeymoon registry idea. were still trying to pick our resort, but starting to narrow it down ... if anyone has useful links to info, please let me know :o) thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×