January Weight Watchers Group

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 REBECCA

REBECCA
  • VIP Member
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 07:20 PM

Does anyone know where I can find point values for Indian food?? I can't find anything on Dottie's, nor in the books?

I ate it for lunch yesterday and need to figure out how many flex points I used??
    Rebecca
    <center>

http://i54.photobuck....a/IMG_1294.jpg
    Alexander & Juliette - Born 3/15/09</center>

#32 REBECCA

REBECCA
    • VIP Member
    • 1,825 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 07:25 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by gkashmira
      Great 3 point lunch!

Trader Joe's Reduced Fat Southwest Salad

OR

Trader Joe's Baked Eggplant Parmesean

Or combine them for a filling 6 point lunch!
      Kash,
      TJ's is tricky. Make sure you read how many servings are per container. I used to eat their Organic Black Bean Enchiladas (they are SOO good), but I noticed one day that one package is two servings!!
      Rebecca
      <center>

#33 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
      • 631 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 02:55 PM

Ok I am down 4lbs…even though I had a ton of beers on Sunday for Bears game lol

Rebecca I was going to suggest dotties...do you know what it is? if so go to FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal and get calories and convert...I also have a book here and it has indian food in it..if you cant find calories let me know what it is and I can look it up

#34 REBECCA

REBECCA
        • VIP Member
        • 1,825 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:00 PM

Thanks Sherri,
          Yes, I love Dotties! I looked there first before I posted. My restaurant wasn't there. In fact I was looking for any Indian Food restaurant, just to get a good idea, and couldn't find anything? Oh well, the weekend has passed and I was a very bad girl. Those Damn football games just aren't as fun to watch without beer! I was down 2 lbs from at Friday's weigh in, but probably made some of it up in beer and not counting this weekend.

Starting over this week. Going to my trainer tonight!
          Rebecca
          <center>

#35 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:33 PM

Surprisingly enough, I was very good this weekend, I don't know what happened to me!! We usually like to have some drinks on the weekend and had we gone out I probably would have, but I decided that I'm going to really try to only drink when we go out, so I don't waste a bunch of calories and then inhale food I shouldn't eat. Steve felt so bad for me on Sunday because we went to his mothers to watch the Pats and his whole family was there and I didn't want to drink and I couldn't eat any of the good food. But it was worth it when I weighed myself and lost 7.6 pounds, I just posted that in the exercise thread a few minutes ago too. I know every week won't be like this, but its a great motivator! I don't know if I can go through this again this sunday, i just want football to be done!!

#36 REBECCA

REBECCA
            • VIP Member
            • 1,825 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:08 PM

WOW? 7.5lbs!?!? That is fantastic! Now that's motivation for all of us! Congrats!!
              Rebecca
              <center>

#37 gkashmira

gkashmira
              • 1,962 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:46 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by REBECCA
                Kash,
                TJ's is tricky. Make sure you read how many servings are per container. I used to eat their Organic Black Bean Enchiladas (they are SOO good), but I noticed one day that one package is two servings!!
                I know - I'venoticed that before on some of their other products. These however are per container...

BTW - What India food were you trying to look up? There's a page of Indian Food points in their dining out book... also I'm India so maybe I can help breakdown the ingredients!
                Kashmira & Dan
                Happily married since June 16, 2007
                http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#38 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:25 PM

okay I cannot beat Jilly's loss but I loss 2.2. I went to my meeting tonight and spoke with the leader about not getting up to my points everyday because I have a lot of core foods and she said that is bad and if I am exercising I should be using my flex points too. what do you girls think?
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#39 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:15 AM

Christine that's awesome!! You are supposed to try to always eat most of your daily points. And she's probably right about the flex points too, but I confess I didn't use any flex points last week, a. because I was saving them in case I needed them on the weekend and b. because I didn't really need them, I was okay without them. I guess your leader would probably know best and with exercise you do need to take in more calories.

Congrats on your weight loss!

#40 Christine

Christine
                  • VIP Member
                  • 21,514 posts
                  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:10 AM

weigh in night was last night...another 2lbs. I really did not think I would lose this week because I started my period, however I did, so I am up to 5.8lbs after three weeks. I am beginning to think my 30lb goal is actually possible.

Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users