Jump to content

Photo

The best workout DVDs I have ever owned- P90X


  • Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#271 xoHeavenSentxo

xoHeavenSentxo
  • Jr. Member
  • 172 posts

    Posted 05 November 2009 - 12:17 PM

    OMG, P90X!! I tried this with a group of friends a year ago...needless to say, I never got past day 2. (I suck)

    #272 KittenHeart

    KittenHeart
    • Sr. Member
    • 3,103 posts

      Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:48 PM

      I completed P90X and it got me in the best shape I've ever been in, EVER doing the classic version which is very little cardio. I followed it closely though and without cardio I dropped so much fat it was unbelievable. I highly recommend it!

      You need a pull up bar (Iron Gym is like $29) which you can hook on to a door frame. A resistance band and some weights. I didn't even use heavy weights, a set of 8lbs & a set of 10lbs.

      I'm now onto another Beachbody program called Insanity and it's ALL cardio, intense high impact cardio with no weights. Needless to say it's kicking my booty and I'm in pain, lots of pain but it's only 60 days with an easier meal plan than P90X.

      #273 FutureMsMoulton

      FutureMsMoulton
      • Member
      • 762 posts

        Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:10 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by KittenHeart
        I completed P90X and it got me in the best shape I've ever been in, EVER doing the classic version which is very little cardio. I followed it closely though and without cardio I dropped so much fat it was unbelievable. I highly recommend it!

        You need a pull up bar (Iron Gym is like $29) which you can hook on to a door frame. A resistance band and some weights. I didn't even use heavy weights, a set of 8lbs & a set of 10lbs.

        I'm now onto another Beachbody program called Insanity and it's ALL cardio, intense high impact cardio with no weights. Needless to say it's kicking my booty and I'm in pain, lots of pain but it's only 60 days with an easier meal plan than P90X.

        It must have done something great for you cause you are skinny and adorable! I love the cardio part of it, but can't do the plyo cause my knees are shot!

        #274 KittenHeart

        KittenHeart
        • Sr. Member
        • 3,103 posts

          Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:30 PM

          FutureMsMoulton - you're too sweet! Thank you

          The plyo kills! This new workout is practically 100% plyo and I don't know how long that's gonna last.

          #275 riokayak

          riokayak
          • Jr. Member
          • 175 posts

            Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:03 PM

            I just started last night. I'm doing the lean version. So far so good. I'm terrible at the push-ups, hopefully I will improve with time. :-)

            #276 KittenHeart

            KittenHeart
            • Sr. Member
            • 3,103 posts

              Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:31 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by riokayak
              I just started last night. I'm doing the lean version. So far so good. I'm terrible at the push-ups, hopefully I will improve with time. :-)
              Oh you will, it feels like pushups and pullups are the MAIN part of this workout!

              I was doing all kinds of pushups by the end! Oh and pullups, I wasn't able to do a SINGLE pullup for three weeks and then all of a sudden, bam, pullups galore :)

              #277 riokayak

              riokayak
              • Jr. Member
              • 175 posts

                Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:06 PM

                Oh good! I'm doing the lean version, but I'm thinking of switching to the classic version instead. I did shoulders this morning and will do Ab ripper tonight. I'm dreading yoga tomorrow... but I think the before photos will be enough to keep me motivated. :-)

                #278 KittenHeart

                KittenHeart
                • Sr. Member
                • 3,103 posts

                  Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:24 PM

                  riokayak - Yoga is the worst at first ONLY because it's so long. Just know that the first 45 is really the standard yoga and then after that it's a lot of balance postures and stretching which is MUCH easier. The first time I did it I freaked out because I really wouldn't have gotten through an hour and a half of the first portion.

                  After awhile you'll really notice your flexibilty increase. My FI did it with me and went from only being able to touch his knees (seriously) to being able to grab his toes by two months in. I did the classic version only because I thought the lean might get boring, it's got the same dvd many times I believe.

                  How exciting, keep it up, I'm not kidding when I say I have never been in better shape than I was during and after P90X.

                  #279 riokayak

                  riokayak
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 175 posts

                    Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:55 PM

                    That's good to know about the yoga. My flexibility is lacking right now, so I know I need it... I don't think the plyo is in the lean version (at least not the first 3 weeks) so I'll probably add that next week. I want to make sure I'm getting the most out of if. I only have just over 3 months until the wedding (and just over a month until ski season), so I want to get the best results. Thanks for all the help kittenheart, it's nice to have the support. :-)

                    #280 KittenHeart

                    KittenHeart
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 3,103 posts

                      Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:36 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by riokayak
                      That's good to know about the yoga. My flexibility is lacking right now, so I know I need it... I don't think the plyo is in the lean version (at least not the first 3 weeks) so I'll probably add that next week. I want to make sure I'm getting the most out of if. I only have just over 3 months until the wedding (and just over a month until ski season), so I want to get the best results. Thanks for all the help kittenheart, it's nice to have the support. :-)
                      Plyo is a butt kicker! It's definitely worth doing though if you can.

                      You're welcome! It's nice to be able to talk to others and not be alone when working out, I'm doing another Beachbody program called Insanity and I wish I knew someone doing it :)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users