how to skip a period???

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:49 PM

I hate when that happens. I definitely adjusted mine so it's no where in sight come wedding time. My FI barely tolerates my horomonal freak outs.

Good luck! :)
    Happily married since 2008

#12 sohappy

sohappy
    • 260 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:53 PM

You don't have to be on OCP (oral contraceptive pills) to stop your menses. Talk to your MD they can, if they feel comfortable prescribing you hormone pills just for your trip. Its is considered "off-label use". These pills and there are different kinds are usually meant for those who are in menopausal stage. At certain doses, you can inhibit ovulation. I have known women to use it just while on vacations who are not on OCP.

#13 DreamsTulumBride

DreamsTulumBride
      • 766 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:14 PM

Hum... without the pill, I don't know if you can stop it. But there has to be something !

#14 Indecisive Bride to be

Indecisive Bride to be
        • 21 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:24 PM

Can you take a morning after pill ?
          That makes you get your period doesn't it?

#15 sohappy

sohappy
          • 260 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:31 PM

The morning after-pill is like high dose birth control pills to be used within 72 hours of intercourse it would just create an environment to make it difficult to become pregnant. It will not stop menses and if pregnant would not harm the baby.

#16 Stormsong

Stormsong
            • 287 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:26 AM

Hi.
              Yes, you can skip your period. You need to go to your doctor. They can prescribe a pill that will make you skip. Just talk to your doctor.
              Lisa

#17 nat4crim

nat4crim
              • 163 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

Can someone please tell me what the name of this medication or post any info on it. I'm in the same boat. I'm not on the birth control pill.

When I first planned my wedding and honeymoon, my period was scheduled to happen right after we came back. But over this past year, it has slowly moved its way back and now I'm sure I'll have it on my honeymoon. On top of the horrible cramps and bloating (uggh I already don't like the way I look in bikinis), I won't be able to use any of the lingerie I bought for the occasion. I can see my romantic honeymoon turninng into a cheeseburger eating, curl up on a beach and don't move sort of thing. Please help!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users