Photo

At Home Reception 3 months later??

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 FinallyMrsBeckermann

FinallyMrsBeckermann
  • 161 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:14 PM

Our DW was February 15th and our AHR is next Saturday - March 8th and I have to say I am completely stressed out and just ready for it all to be over! I have been scrambling since I got back to try and get things finished in time. Part of me thinks it would have been better to wait a while to have the AHR and another part is happy that it will all be over soon.
    All cases are different for you and I think 3 months afterwards is fine - esp. since your DW is right before the holidays. I think your guests will actually appreciate that you aren't having it right in the middle of the holidays.

#22 crawford2B

crawford2B
    • 244 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:58 AM

We will have one as soon as our check book says it is ok! Who knows when that will be. Ha!

#23 Stormsong

Stormsong
      • 287 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 02:07 AM

We are getting married in Dec 2008 and aren't having our reception until July 2009. Almost 7 months later! When we sent out invites for the DW, we sent them to EVERYONE. On the bottom of the invite, we stated that if they couldn't make it to the DW, we would be having a reception bbq the following summer. So, we already gave notice of it. yah...its far away..but we wanted a bbq/camp out. And, in the prairies...the best and most reliable time for this is June or July. So, hence the long time between!
        Lisa

#24 happyone

happyone
        • 223 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:37 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Stormsong
          We are getting married in Dec 2008 and aren't having our reception until July 2009. Almost 7 months later! When we sent out invites for the DW, we sent them to EVERYONE. On the bottom of the invite, we stated that if they couldn't make it to the DW, we would be having a reception bbq the following summer. So, we already gave notice of it. yah...its far away..but we wanted a bbq/camp out. And, in the prairies...the best and most reliable time for this is June or July. So, hence the long time between!
          That sounds like fun! I love BBQing and camping! Good idea.

-Laura

#25 Stormsong

Stormsong
          • 287 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 03:21 PM

Yah, it should be awesome. We are renting a tent...and its on a friends acreage. We are supplying bbq stuff, and all our family is bringing salads, desserts, etc. My MoH belongs to a band...so we have amps and music for free. Everyone can camp put at the acreage...so no one has to drive. They have a pool, so we can swim. Should be fun! Just one giant party for minimum moolah! :)
            Lisa

#26 amyrak

amyrak
            • 469 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:01 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by becks
              I think it's fine. Particularly if you send out an STD just before or right after the wedding. That way, any of the skeptics know that its not some last-minute gift grab sort of event that you decided on just because you didn't have that many people at your wedding.

Yes, actually when I sent out the Mexico invites I put on there that we would be having a reception in Michigan March of 2009 and that formal invites to follow at a later date. So, this way people can decide if they want to go to Mexico or not since we will still be celebrating here. I think most agreed it was a good idea.

#27 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,513 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:06 AM

I think 3 months later is perfectly fine - I mean I don't think your guests will care and that way it will give you a chance to settle in as newlyweds AND get all your AHR planning done!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users