Jump to content

Photo

A New Yorker's review of Boston...


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#11 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
  • Sr. Member
  • 5,248 posts

    Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:19 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lambert13
    You're right Glenda.... Boston is cute. Kinda like NY's cute little sister city.

    Pizza sucks outside of NY. Period.

    I dread the thought of being without a diner for too long.

    F**k the Red Sox.

    And I always wear my Yankee hat in Massachusetts. And my "Boston Sucks" tshirt.
    Hahaha! Oh yeah their bagels are not so good either. I realized that I am spoiled b/c I work in Brooklyn which has the best bagels possibly in the world. And the pizza is damn good too!

    #12 lambert13

    lambert13
    • Member
    • 901 posts

      Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:23 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
      Hahaha! Oh yeah their bagels are not so good either. I realized that I am spoiled b/c I work in Brooklyn which has the best bagels possibly in the world. And the pizza is damn good too!
      And those are just a few more reasons why NY is the best.

      #13 Rachelle E.

      Rachelle E.
      • VIP Member
      • 4,116 posts

        Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:45 PM

        I LOVE Boston! Yeah, it kinda sucks that the bars close early...I think it's dumb that they close at 2am here in Dallas...1am is just crazy! lol! But then again, if it's what you're used to...

        Honestly, I was only there for a weekend a few years ago. But I had a great time - and some damn good clam chowder! Also, I think it is a really cool/cute/pretty city. Maybe I just like that things are older...everything in Dallas is so freakin' new...it all looks alike!

        Also, I have absolutely no preference about major sports teams...so I don't care about all the Red Sox (or Yankees! lol! ) nonsense. Now I'd better get out of this thread before Glenda and Jason get me! lol!

        #14 MelissaH

        MelissaH
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,724 posts

          Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:48 PM

          LOL GLenda..nice review!

          I love Boston. I think it's on my list of favourite cities.
          Did you go to Quincy Market? I had the best calzone I've ever had in my life there :)

          #15 lambert13

          lambert13
          • Member
          • 901 posts

            Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:51 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by redwards
            Also, I have absolutely no preference about major sports teams...so I don't care about all the Red Sox (or Yankees! lol! ) nonsense. Now I'd better get out of this thread before Glenda and Jason get me! lol!
            Nah... you played that one nicely.

            what gets me is people that were born and raised in NY but end up being Red Sox fans.

            #16 Nrvsbride

            Nrvsbride
            • Sr. Member
            • 5,248 posts

              Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:06 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by MelissaH
              LOL GLenda..nice review!

              I love Boston. I think it's on my list of favourite cities.
              Did you go to Quincy Market? I had the best calzone I've ever had in my life there :)
              Yes I did go there! I loved it! I also saw the Cheers bar from the TV show. That was kind of cool.

              #17 jajajaja

              jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

                Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:27 PM

                Oh I'm sad now I missed Boston on my trip back East last summer. I did get to go to NYC and Philly. I had so much fun- things are WAAAAYYY different there than they are here for this little naive Oregon girl.

                And I thought our bars were bad for closing at 2! 1am is when the fun and drunken slurs begin.
                Happily married since 2008

                #18 Nrvsbride

                Nrvsbride
                • Sr. Member
                • 5,248 posts

                  Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:29 PM

                  Rachel on sunday people were getting wasted at like 2PM. Probably b/c the bars close so darn early! Also, I think our friend said that there is a power hour where everyone goes crazy and starts drinking as much as possible b/c they know the bar is going to close soon. LOL.

                  #19 Rachelle E.

                  Rachelle E.
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,116 posts

                    Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:34 PM

                    Quote:
                    Rachel on sunday people were getting wasted at like 2PM. Probably b/c the bars close so darn early! Also, I think our friend said that there is a power hour where everyone goes crazy and starts drinking as much as possible b/c they know the bar is going to close soon. LOL.

                    Lol! After I wrote that I thought that if all the Irish/Boston/Drinking stereotypes are true...then the bars really don't HAVE to stay open late, since people start their drinking at like 9am! loL!

                    #20 Nrvsbride

                    Nrvsbride
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 5,248 posts

                      Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:36 PM

                      I heard St. Patty's day is CRAZY down there! Must be so much fun! Also, at one bar that we were eating at, there was some kind of bar crawl going on. People had whistles and everything. I think our friends said that they do it every weekend. It was literally 1 PM and people were drinking like fish. My kind of people. LOL.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users