GM as my MOH??

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
  • 668 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:46 AM

Ok here is the deal...

Fi and I were not going to have a traditionally wedding party as we didn't want to put the extra expense and have the extra work of having everyone in the wedding. Yet, we were going to ask our witness' to stand up for us.

Easy, I pick a MOH and he picks a BM right?

Well, I couldn't choose between my girls, and I do not have a sister. I am real close to my bro.. So I figured since this is not traditionally anyway, who not to stand up for me than him?

So I ask him to be my MOH.. he he and he was thrilled! But then people started to make fun and say that I needed to have a girl so that she can hold the flowers and fix the dress, help me the day of the wedding. He is a firefighter and the guys are asking him what color dress he is going to wear!

So it would be nice to have a few girls with me on the day, and Craig (bro) can hang w/ my FI, but what would I do ask the girls to be attendants, I don't want to have BM's and then they feel obligated etc... Or not bother, and figure that the people who want to be with me will be...

And what should I call my man- MOH? I need a fun / cool name for him!

#2 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:00 AM

My brother actually was my Man of honor.. .

#3 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
      • 668 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:34 AM

Cool! I am not the only one! I am sticking to my guns. I don't know why it is as soon as you start planning a wedding everyone has a reason to do something other than what you want, too many suggestions from loved ones, they create the crazy brides and they don't even know it! Makes me crazy, I second guess myself as soon as I open my mouth!

#4 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:50 AM

Yup- he ended up standing up on DH's side in the end, but that was his title all along.

#5 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:28 AM

Sometimes people just suck, don't they? I think your idea is wonderful and a DW is not traditional so thinking outside of the box makes sense to me. Don't second guess yourself. It isn't your fault these haters aren't as cool and creative as you LOL. I love "man of honor" like Sarah did...that's too cool!

#6 lucy106

lucy106
            • 2,880 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:51 AM

Man of Honor rules!! Screw everyone else, if you are close to your bro go for it. and his co-workers are gonna find something to give him crap about no matter what anyway.

#7 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,328 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:47 AM

i'm in a wedding in may where there's a man of honor. the concept seems to be picking up steam.

#8 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:18 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by katrina
                  i'm in a wedding in may where there's a man of honor. the concept seems to be picking up steam.
                  A-ha...there you go!

#9 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
                  • 933 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:00 AM

i think it is a great idea and i think it is cool that he is so proud! THat is so nice!
                    My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#10 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                    • 4,881 posts
                    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                    • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                    • LocationNew York

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:21 AM

I think its a great idea. And you can just tell all his buddies that their jealousy is blatantly obvious and they can just shove off.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users