• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 04:06 AM

Here are some links for musicians in the PV area that I found on yahoo groups:

Latcho and Andrea, the blond Gypsies - Musica gitana
    Lisa York
    Luis Gasca Trompetista de Jazz Internacional / World Class Trumpet Artist
    Martin Montenegro Jazz Sax de Puerto Vallarta Music
    Willie and Lobo's music

I'm not sure how reliable they are, but its a start!

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 30 December 2006 - 06:53 PM

great info amy!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 06:57 PM

Wow- nice list! We need one like this for the Cabo group :)

#4 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,754 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:44 PM

I posted a thread on their yahoo groups and let them know that I was looking for a latin band. Hopefully I'll get a response.

But so far I like the Mango Trio. But if I get a Trio then a Mariachi is out. But I guess I can make that decision later.

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:49 PM

I saw that email on the PV Bride yahoo group - I'm a member too. Since I am getting married in Las Caletas I think they have a set list of people they work with, that are willing to go to Las Caletas - so I am glad you can provide this info. for the other PV brides! I should ask my WC who they use, because I am sure they do other weddings outside of Las Caletas!

#6 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,754 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:09 AM

Thanks Ann! I always see your posts aswell (don't tell the other girls, but I prefer this site better!)

It would be so helpful to know what musicians are available in PV. I think music is so important for a wedding. My brother had a great 70's band play at his wedding and we had a blast!

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:07 PM

Ditto, on both comments! I think I plan on doing a mariachi band for the cocktail hour (and maybe dinner?), and then something else for the reception and dance. I kind of want to leave it up to Paul though, since he's much more in to music than I am.

#8 anaderoux

anaderoux
              • 3,220 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 05:56 PM

I think you should add arcano, they play modern and classical music in violin and piano..

their site isn't working but here's a sample of what they play:
                YouTube - Arcano Live
                YouTube - ARcano
                YouTube - Arcano

#9 mexico15

mexico15
                • 250 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 06:24 PM

thanks Amy! I will start researching those sites and see what I can find. I appreciate the start :)

#10 mexico15

mexico15
                  • 250 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:20 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bandbase
                    Hi, My name is Steve York. I am the husband of Lisa York. We have a band in Puerto Vallarta called the Celebrators. We frequently play for weddings.Please visit our web site at The Celebrators
                    All the musicians mentioned in the previous post are reliable and professional. However , Luis Gasca is no longer in Vallarta. Martin Montenegro usually performs with the Celebrators.
                    For a comprehensive list of links to PV bands , visit the yahoo group.music-puerto-vallarta : Music in P Vallarta & Banderas Bay, Mex
                    Thanks!
                    WONDERFUL!! Thanks so much for that info Steve!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users