Photo

The best beach/beaches you've been to?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#51 Aaron the Photographer :)

Aaron the Photographer :)
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:25 AM

the beaches with clear water are always the best...that way if there are any sharks, you'll see them before they can get to you. : ) just kidding.

#52 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:22 AM

Mustique looks fabulous!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Aaron the Photographer :)
      the beaches with clear water are always the best...that way if there are any sharks, you'll see them before they can get to you. : ) just kidding.
      Rofl!! Good point!

#53 unikphoto

unikphoto
      • Vendor
      • 87 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:41 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]Well, I'm a photographer, so in terms of the best beach to photograph, I believe Lover's beach on the Pacific side (not suitable for swiming) is got to be second to none in the Americas, truly a beautiful spot with monumental rocks as a backdop, specially at sundown, the tones are just spectacular and the ocean roars and splashes are just fascinating!
        marTinCOLOR]

#54 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:49 PM

jamy, i have to post some photos for you when i get home tonight, but the island of capri (pronounced cop-ree in italian, people there get so offended if you call it capri as in how youd say capri pants haha) is amazing. different parts of the island have different kinds of beach landscapes. there was this one gorgeous beach i went to that was all rocks and no sand, but the rocks were soft and safe to walk on. will post in a couple hours!!

#55 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:33 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mauraw
          jamy, i have to post some photos for you when i get home tonight, but the island of capri (pronounced cop-ree in italian, people there get so offended if you call it capri as in how youd say capri pants haha) is amazing. different parts of the island have different kinds of beach landscapes. there was this one gorgeous beach i went to that was all rocks and no sand, but the rocks were soft and safe to walk on. will post in a couple hours!!
          Ooh thanks Maura! My mom used to go there often and it's like her favorite place on earth. That's where all the grottos are, right? I would love to see your pictures, hers aren't recent.

#56 gina@pixoflife

gina@pixoflife
          • 46 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:55 AM

After seeing all these pix I need to try some new tropical destinations! But here is one of our favorite beaches on Hawaii....Lanikai Beach on Oahu. Oahu is definitely more than just a city on an island and these pictures sure show that. Not on a resort, but about 30mins from Waikiki and close to lots of beach house rentals. Nice snorkeling, soft sand, clear water :) They were taken a couple of days after the wedding, hence me trying to get a shot of my wedding ring in there..lol

Click the image to open in full size.

~Gina
            www.pixoflife.com :: Visit the BLOG for our Latest Work!

http://www.pixoflife...Lsig_banner.jpg

#57 LisaW

LisaW
            • 113 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:10 PM

Hi girls! I'm a true beach worshipper so this is my kinda thread!!! I love hearing about new places :)

In terms of softness & pure white color of sand, and the blue-ness & clarity of the water, in my mind nothing beats the Carribean, Turks & Caicos and Cayman Islands in particular. If you like smaller-sized boutique hotels, the Rgent Palms in Turks & Caicos is amazing! We looked in to having our wedding there but they get booked up about 2 years in advance!!!

#58 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 5,752 posts
              • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:45 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by starchild
              Ooh thanks Maura! My mom used to go there often and it's like her favorite place on earth. That's where all the grottos are, right? I would love to see your pictures, hers aren't recent.
              ok here's the rock beach... i have to go thru my actual photo albums to scan some of the ones from capri, because not all my photos from that trip are digital. jamy, if you send me your email, i will make a picasa album of all my capri photos for you and then invite you to view. capri is my fave place on earth also. well all of italy, but esp. capri! yes, thats where all the grottos are. i actually swam into the famous blue grotto --- which is both highly illegal, and highly dangerous. but i was 22 and figured i may never return to that spot, so i better do it while i was there! i have some really amazing photos from that trip that i'm happy to share. this one can tide you over until i get the others scanned!

#59 lambert13

lambert13
              • 901 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:51 AM

I think we found the beach for us! Karen found a resort this morning called The Lambert Beach Resort in the British Virgin Islands. The photo below is the beach there. I guess the whole beach along the bay is known as Lambert Beach.

Wonder if we get a discount?

#60 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:37 PM

Thanks Maura, I'll PM you.

Jason you must go to that resort and take a picture in front of every Lambert Resort sign, that's cool! (and a great beach)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users