Dreams Punta Cana Brides

HELLO!!!

I know i know....you are all eagerly awaiting my review!!! :o) Well i haven't even had a chance to think since we've been back, just super busy with one thing or another but i fully intend to write a mammoth review detailing every single thing i wish i new before heading out. But i can however give you all our pictures!! (I was waiting to post till i had something juicy to show you all!)

Our professional shots and TTD shots are on here in 2 different albums along with some of our wedding guests own shots from the week. Browse away as you please!!

So without going into a full review i have to say that our wedding was absolutely amazing. All i ever dreamed it would be and more. We had not only the best day of our lives but the best holiday any of us or our guests have ever had. It was truly amazing, can't say enough good things about it.

Nat, Erin...so sorry to dissapoint but i ended up not getting the huppah for 2 reasons. 1. I forgot to ask for it!!! and 2. by the time i realized i forgot to ask for it i truly didn't think it was necessary. The beach alone is beautiful enough that no extra decoration is even required..in my opinion.

Out of the 2 weeks we were away the only day it rained was our wedding day. But truly it did not spoil a moment of it for me. The skies cleared for about 40 mins which allowed our ceremony to take place outside. And our wedding pictures have a thunder storm in the skies which i think looks pretty funky!! Plus we had the blue skies for the TTD (definately do a TTD if alone to increase your chances with the weather!) Our reception got moved indoors and was actually a welcomed relief from the heat!

Ok, i'm going to stop otherwise this will turn into a review!! That will follow!!

TAM - congratulations!!

no worries jocy.. just glad to hear that everything went as well as you'd hoped!! and thank goodness for the clouds clearing and getting to fit in your wedding!

and your pictures are GORGEOUS!! there is something about that pool that just looks amazing in TTD pictures, in my opinion! and i LOVED your dad's kilt.. very very cool!

i have a couple of questions, if you don't mind!

1) did you have to order the champagne in your room while you were getting ready, or was that complimentary?

2) did the WC do a good job of coordinating everyone in the wedding party? i'm afraid J and the groomsmen won't have any idea where to go or what to do.. not to mention me knowing when to get ready to walk down to the beach!

3) did you use an ipod for the ceremony music? if you did, did the WC do an okay job of controlling that? (i think it may end up being a joke that i'm so worried about this.. of all the things!)

thank you so so much again. i'm sure it's impossible to get your head on straight after being gone for so long!

Very easy questions to answer!! So when we called to order the champagne the first person my sister spoke to said it would be an extra charge so she didn't bother ordering any. Then she came off the phone and told me and i was like...you fool...i'll pay...get champagne!! So when she called to ask how much it was they told us $10 per bottle...they brought us 2 bottles (we only asked for 1) and didn't charge for any!! Also the morning after the wedding they brought us breakfast in our room and a bottle of bubbles!! Perfect we to get us sorted before our TTD session!

As for the WC and organizing everyone...absolutely yes!! She tells everyone specific places and times to be so you don't cross paths. We actually did a rehearsal 2 days before the wedding on the Sat morning which let me know everyone knew where to be.

Also the WC did use an Ipod. I ended up letting her choose our music as she basically had what we wanted on her own ipod anyways and when you get to the Caribbean you REALLY stop caring about all those little details. I did anyway. We had all these CD's with complete instructions of what to play and when and didn't use any of them. She played music for the guests before i arrived and my guests all complimented us on our song choices!! Pa Ha! (I still have no idea what songs were played!)

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Hi! I'm thinking of Dreams Punta Cana for my wedding. I think this looks like the best Dreams resort but I'm really nervous about the cake....the other Dreams (Cabo) have beautiful photos of their cake but not Dreams Punta Cana. Does anyone have a photo of their cake from Dreams Punta Cana?

I'm also interested in any other tips anyone has---please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam View Post
Hey Misty and Toya!!! Are you snowed in? I heard there's lots of areas that have no power so I guess maybe you won't be able to read this... just keep thinking in a few more months you will be in sunny, hot Punta Cana!!
Hey Tam we are defintitley snowed in I haven't been anywhere in 4 days lol..... I luv it, I can't wait to get to the DR I am sooooo ready for a vacation a, weddign and a honeymoon lol..... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsbride2010 View Post
Jocy decided to move in or something!! haha

Tam for our AHR in Halifax we are getting a venue for free (its like a banquet hall) donated by my uncle, the bartender will only cost us like $25 bucks, the DJ is giving us a discount so that's cheap too! We are going to get all of our family members (the women) to make some little finger foods and get m little cousins friends to serve them like a cocktail hour... haha we will pay them like $20 an hour or something, free money for 17 yr olds! Then we are having cupcakes (getting them from Superstore cheap) and a mini cake to cut, and then a big dance!

For our AHR in Montreal, it really is just a backyard BBQ. If my family wasn;t so big, I would have done the same thing here... so much easier!
Nat we are doing pretty much the same thing as you, we will be having a big party and my family will be cooking and it will be BBQ style something. A DJ, wedding cake, food, some basic linens, and a good ole time :)

Jocy, soooo glad you had amazing time, everything looks wonderful and you looked beautiful can't wait to hear your review.

Misty and Jocy, How are you guys dealing wit all this dernn snow we have, it was fun at first but now I'm ready for the snow to go away and were expecting more geeezzzzzz

Jocy your wedding pics are amazing!!! I'm so happy everything went well! I'm getting so excited for my wedding there in April! So few questions for you - Did you use the centerpieces from the resort? Also people mentioned its a good idea to bring table sashes because what they offer isn't the best. What did you think of them? I have a million more questions but can't think of anymore this minute.... thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japonick View Post
Hi! I'm thinking of Dreams Punta Cana for my wedding. I think this looks like the best Dreams resort but I'm really nervous about the cake....the other Dreams (Cabo) have beautiful photos of their cake but not Dreams Punta Cana. Does anyone have a photo of their cake from Dreams Punta Cana?

I'm also interested in any other tips anyone has---please!
From what I've seen from the cake, its your classic 3 tiered white wedding cake. I have nooo idea what it tastes like but honestly could care less! haha!

You could email the wedding coordinators there, they have like 3, and ask them flavors, pictures ect.You could bring lil decorations you might want the cake to have.
I'm sure our past brides have some info for you as well. BUT i wouldnt base your final decision on the cake! There are soo many other details about the resort that will make ur wedding BEAUTIFUL and unforgetable! ;-)