Photo

Any Melia Punta Cana brides?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:21 PM

Looking to chat with any Melia brides...I'm planning to wed there this Nov but i will not be able to visit the resort before hand. I heard the resort is beautiful including gazebo. Just nervous I guess. Ive got the menus but havent been sent a quote at all...WC made it seem like I should put my "non-refundable" deposit down first and then my own WC would be assigned to me who will iron everything else out for me....I much rather know approx. total costs before making my deposit. TIA :)

#2 kiahjane

kiahjane
    • 159 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:33 PM

Are you getting married at the Melia Caribe Tropicale? If so, I was there a couple of years ago for a long weekend and it was fantastic! We saw a wedding, the gazebo was beautiful, they had a horse drawn carraige, so pretty. The resort itself was fantastic.

#3 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
      • 1,830 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:41 PM

Thx for the feedback. Its been hard to find on this forum brides who are getting married there or you have been married there. Oh well. I will have to take a leap of faith I guess. :)

#4 shellb

shellb
        • 533 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 08:56 PM

If you are on Facebook there is a group there called "Melia Caribe Tropical Brides!!!". I've looked at some of there photos and it is beautiful. There is also a Melia Tropical thread on here. Let me do a search to see if I can find it for you.

Wait no, that was another post by you. I knew I had read something about Melia Tropical last week. I do think the Facebook group may give you some further info. Good luck!

#5 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
          • 1,830 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:11 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by shellb
            If you are on Facebook there is a group there called "Melia Caribe Tropical Brides!!!". I've looked at some of there photos and it is beautiful. There is also a Melia Tropical thread on here. Let me do a search to see if I can find it for you.

Wait no, that was another post by you. I knew I had read something about Melia Tropical last week. I do think the Facebook group may give you some further info. Good luck!
            Thank you so much....I'm going to check out facebook asap! :)

#6 electracity017

electracity017
            • 14 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:52 PM

Hello fellow Melia brides.....I'm running to check Facebook too!

#7 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
              • VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:01 PM

So your not with dreams anymore? why did you switch.
                check out this forum about melia:
                Debbie's Dominican Travel Forums - Melia Caribe wedding!!
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#8 electracity017

electracity017
                • 14 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:24 PM

Danielle...is that question directed towards me?? I've never posted here before, how did you know I was originally going to go to Dreams?

#9 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,452 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:47 PM

actually it was directed towards ladycheese. But that's funny you were going to get married there too! did that freak you out. lol. you must of thought i was psychic. Why are you switching from Dreams?

I actually was originally going to be Dreams PC too and switched to Paradisus.
                    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#10 electracity017

electracity017
                    • 14 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 04:00 PM

I did think you were psychic!!! LOL!
                      Yes, we had originally decided on Dreams and even secured our date with them. I wasn't happy with the response time from the WC (I know it can take a bit but I wasn't willing to wait 3 weeks to a month everytime I needed a reply). Also, my friends mother returned in January from attending a wedding there and she did not have good reviews about it, there was also overbooking issues. Then my neighbours co-worker returned from Dreams and was also shipped down to some other resort 20 minutes away because they had again overbooked. I also read someone's review (I think on Debbie's forum) about an overbooking issue as well. I was not getting a good feeling with all the negative feedback I had been getting. I'm sure it is due to the name change and things with probably be ironed out by the time we go but I just wasn't feeling comfortable with them. I am very happy with our choice in the Melia..........our WC is great and I've been hearing great things from the girls who have returned on Debbie's forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users