Photo

Anyone get married on the beach and NOT use arches?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:41 PM

Thanks, Melissa! It does look nice with just a little table. Perhaps I will jsut need the sand ceremony table and no arches....
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MelissaH
    No arches or anything for me...but I'm a no frills kinda girl...our wedding was pretty basic.

The resort photographer really sucked so I don't have any great pictures...but try these.

Also, I'm pretty sure Matt and Sol didn't have an arch or chuppah. (Link to the thread with their pics: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t14377) Of course, they did have the added benefit of Mayan warriors.

One thing you might think about doing is delineating the space with tiki torches, if your resort offers them? Maybe?

Also, I'm pretty sure someone on here (Jenetta) made a chuppah out of PVC piping. Ahah! Just found the link: http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1323 Might be worth it to check with her...

#12 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:42 PM

My friend suggest I don't use the arches. She was going to have to pay $800 for arches & decided not to. She was really glad she didn't get them. I think her pictures look great.

I won't have arches either. I love the look of the beach/ lagoon where the ceremony will take place. I don't want to cover any of that up. There will be a white canopy for guests to sit under.

I have this picture. I'll look for some better ones.

Click the image to open in full size.

#13 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:43 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by carly
        Oh duhh! I can just search for them on here? I will do that.

Lizz - if you also wanted to check out, here is the link to the facebook account - Jennifer Hill Holmes's Photos - Bermuda Wedding Album | Facebook
        Thanks girls!

#14 lyrebard

lyrebard
        • 229 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:01 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by carly
          I wasn't able to view Jenetta's DIY arch though, it was no longer on her style page in the gallery... Did I miss something?

I think that when people remove a photo from wherever it's hosted (Photobucket, flickr, wherever), the photo disappears from this site. Might be worth it to PM Jenetta (JPMO) to see if she has any photos she can send you. =)

#15 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:03 PM

Thanks, I'll do that...

#16 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:05 PM

here is a better one from my friends wedding. i like that you can clearly see the beach behind them.

#17 dragonfly

dragonfly
              • 1,820 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:29 PM

I didn't have arches and I thought it looked beautiful. The water was the only backdrop I needed. Here are some pictures of the ceremony site.

#18 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:33 PM

I found this one. They had color through chair ties and added a little bit of greenary.

Instead of an arch maybe something cute along the aisle?

Crappy pic- but they used floral arrangements next to the table.

Another one using a floral arrangement.

Maybe these will help you brain storm another idea. I think it can still be beautiful without the arch!
                  Happily married since 2008

#19 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:46 PM

Thank you ladies so much! I am feeling like I can ditch the arches if need be. I still don't WANT to, cuz I love that picture above. But if it comes down to it, you all have supplied me with lots of beautiful options. here is another that I found. Click the image to open in full size.

#20 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
                    • 716 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:02 PM

I like the idea of the floral arrangement! Looks beautiful!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users