Photo

Anyone get married on the beach and NOT use arches?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:36 PM

I am wondering if anyone has pics of them (or someone) getting married on the beach and didn't use arches. Apparently the $1,500 upgrade that we paid for does NOT include arches for the beach ceremony. I kinda feel like it's a definite must, but the cheapest version is $500 and I don't even like it, and was going to be bringing my own stuff with me to decorate it. They don't offer a fabric draped version. I "borrowed" this inspiration picture from Amyh and I absolutley love it, but am trying to be realistic and see if I don't have to spend the money for arches.

I kinda feel like w/o the setting the arches give, that we would be just a bunch of people standing/seated on the beach. I am hoping ot find pictures that tell me otherwise....
    Click the image to open in full size.

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:56 PM

I'm not planning on using an arch or really any decoration at all on the beach. I hope it doesn't look bad, I just don't care that much about it to pay the high prices. I'm curious to see if anyone else has done this.

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:00 PM

I know, the only other option I saw was, where me, Matt and minister (or whatever), would stand, I saw a pic of them surrounded by a heart or circle of large conch shells. It looked pretty and all, but didnt hve the same effect to me as the arches or chuppha, and it even like ritualistic. Like a satanic ritual. And while I know that isn't what is going on, I just didn't love the look of it. We also wanted a sand ceremony performed, so I have to ask my WC how much they are going to rob me to set up a table and we might have to cut that as well. Stupid money.

#4 Jenn79

Jenn79
        • 625 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:04 PM

I didn't use an arch for my wedding, but it was never something I wanted either. Here is a link to my pictures if you want to see how it looked. Bear in mind I went really simplistic, it was all about the beach and the colour of the water for me: Facebook | Jennifer Hill Holmes's Photos – Bermuda Wedding Album

I hope you're able to get the look you're looking for, with or without the arch. From everything I've seen of your planning so far, your colours are gorgeous and just the bridesmaid dresses alone would add that something extra at the head of the aisle.
          Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
          Review Pictures Pro Pictures
          "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#5 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:09 PM

Thanks, I would love to check our your photos, but the link didn't work...

#6 Jenn79

Jenn79
            • 625 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:12 PM

Oh crap...I'll have to try to copy and paste it again once I get home tonight, Facebook is blocked here at work and I used the one I had in my review.

Sorry Carly!
              Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
              Review Pictures Pro Pictures
              "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#7 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:13 PM

Oh duhh! I can just search for them on here? I will do that.

Lizz - if you also wanted to check out, here is the link to the facebook account - Jennifer Hill Holmes's Photos - Bermuda Wedding Album | Facebook

#8 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:19 PM

Thanks so much, Jennifer, I saved 2 of your pics for inspiration. I think you had a beautiful setting, so perhaps I can rethink the arches. It's going to be hard to let that go though....

#9 MelissaH

MelissaH
                  • 1,724 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:26 PM

No arches or anything for me...but I'm a no frills kinda girl...our wedding was pretty basic.

The resort photographer really sucked so I don't have any great pictures...but try these.

#10 lyrebard

lyrebard
                    • 229 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:29 PM

Also, I'm pretty sure Matt and Sol didn't have an arch or chuppah. (Link to the thread with their pics: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t14377) Of course, they did have the added benefit of Mayan warriors.

One thing you might think about doing is delineating the space with tiki torches, if your resort offers them? Maybe?

Also, I'm pretty sure someone on here (Jenetta) made a chuppah out of PVC piping. Ahah! Just found the link: http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1323 Might be worth it to check with her...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users