calling all charlestonians...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dbld78

Dbld78
  • Banned
  • 665 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:00 PM

i am having my wedding in charleston and am trying to arrange my OOT bags and would love to include some typical charleston foods. so far i have peach butter and key lime cookies but i'm looking for some more ideas....

#2 Gretchen

Gretchen
    • Banned
    • 416 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:07 PM

What about tea? It's a very southern thing and would be great for Charleston. You could see if there is a "local" tea brand.
      Gretchen "GiGi"

#3 Dbld78

Dbld78
      • Banned
      • 665 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:12 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Gretchen
        What about tea? It's a very southern thing and would be great for Charleston. You could see if there is a "local" tea brand.
        great idea....didn't think of that one!

#4 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
        • Banned
        • 386 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:49 PM

Hey,

Have you already purchased the peach butter and key lime cookies? Only reason I am asking, neither of those items are very "Charleston." (Don't hate the messenger! lol)

But...if you have - no worries. They are very southern at least.

I would suggest...

1) Pralines from River Street Streets. Southern Gourmet Online Candy Store | River Street Sweets
          2) Cookies from Charleston Cookie Company™ » Welcome!. Their marble fudge cookies are soooo good.
          3) A bag of rice or grits. Sounds silly, but it's very Charleston. Charleston Samplers Grains, Rice and Mixes
          4) Anything from Gullah Gourmet. Welcome to Gullah Gourmet

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:07 PM

no help on the Charleston-specific goodies, but Jills post made me really hungry for a treat.

ok, back to your regularly scheduled posting.

#6 Dbld78

Dbld78
            • Banned
            • 665 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:21 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jillhigginsphotography
              Hey,

Have you already purchased the peach butter and key lime cookies? Only reason I am asking, neither of those items are very "Charleston." (Don't hate the messenger! lol)

But...if you have - no worries. They are very southern at least.

I would suggest...

1) Pralines from River Street Streets. Southern Gourmet Online Candy Store | River Street Sweets
              2) Cookies from Charleston Cookie Companyâ„¢ » Welcome!. Their marble fudge cookies are soooo good.
              3) A bag of rice or grits. Sounds silly, but it's very Charleston. Charleston Samplers Grains, Rice and Mixes
              4) Anything from Gullah Gourmet. Welcome to Gullah Gourmet

i do love pecan pralines but i have a few family members who are allergic to nuts so that's out but the fudge might be a good idea...thanks for the advice though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users