Jump to content

Photo

Has Anyone Flown AeroMexico?


  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Maura

Maura

    VIP Member

  • VIP Member
  • 5,752 posts
  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 08 June 2008 - 10:03 PM

omg tara that is SO horrible! so sorry that happened to you! we regularly fly back and forth to mexico city to visit my FI's family, and FI goes there for business once & awhile, and he almost always flies united, or AeroMexico when he can't get a united flight. he totally despises Mexicana and now you know why the in-flight service is just piss poor and the people who work at customer service at the gate and when you check in to check luggage are not accomodating and in my experience, just plain rude.

#22 Martha

Martha
  • VIP Member
  • 3,906 posts

    Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:59 PM

    I have searched and searched and can't find the answer. Anyone know off hand what Aeromexico's policy is on carrying on a pillow. Would it just be considered my personal item since I am not bringing my purse or anything?
    I have a super bad back and really need my pillow.

    I have Googled and looked on Aeromexico's website but no luck.

    #23 Yari

    Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

      Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:04 PM

      I am sure a pillow would be considered as one of your personal items.

      #24 Martha

      Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

        Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:14 PM

        I would assume so too...I just wanted to make sure. Makes sense that it would, right?

        #25 rodent

        rodent

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

          Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:26 PM

          i think the weight limit is 2 bags at 50 lbs. i'm not sure but you might want to double check.

          as far as the pillow, i have a pillow that has a strap on it. when i fly I clip it to my purse. i don't think a pillow will even count as one of your personal items. I always have a carry on, a minibackpack, & a pillow clipped to the backpack. I'm a total dork when i fly.

          #26 superez

          superez
          • Newbie
          • 106 posts

            Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:23 PM

            We just flew Aeromexico back from Cancun and had a good experience, in fact I think they are better than Mexicana! Better customer service. I think you'll be ok!

            #27 scoutley

            scoutley
            • Newbie
            • 108 posts

              Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:56 PM

              I'm a Flight Attendant for another airline and people often (well, not all the time, but I probably see an average of about 6 per month) bring their own pillow. Plus their carry on. I really can't see it being a problem, especially if you explain that you have a bad back and that you really need it! Have you thought about getting a note from your Doctor saying that you have to have it? Then if anyone hassles you at least you have something sort of official!
              http://i634.photobuc....3009_174-1.jpg
              What a PERFECT day it was ...

              #28 1elephant

              1elephant
              • VIP Member
              • 15,998 posts

                Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:03 PM

                if you're not planning on using a purse, then why not stuff it in an overnight bag!? then you don't have to carry it and worry about it getting dirty.

                #29 Martha

                Martha
                • VIP Member
                • 3,906 posts

                  Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:15 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Morgan
                  i think the weight limit is 2 bags at 50 lbs. i'm not sure but you might want to double check.
                  Ya, it is 50 pounds, not 70. 70 was for first class. However, I can't find if that is 50 pounds per bag or combined?

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by superez
                  We just flew Aeromexico back from Cancun and had a good experience, in fact I think they are better than Mexicana! Better customer service. I think you'll be ok!
                  Good to hear!

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by scoutley
                  I'm a Flight Attendant for another airline and people often (well, not all the time, but I probably see an average of about 6 per month) bring their own pillow. Plus their carry on. I really can't see it being a problem, especially if you explain that you have a bad back and that you really need it! Have you thought about getting a note from your Doctor saying that you have to have it? Then if anyone hassles you at least you have something sort of official!
                  I don't know if the airline peeps would care about my note though? I hope it will be okay?

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lauren c.
                  if you're not planning on using a purse, then why not stuff it in an overnight bag!? then you don't have to carry it and worry about it getting dirty.
                  Now there is an idea! I never even thought about that. I tell ya, I have too much going on in my mind to let me think lately! Thanks!

                  #30 rodent

                  rodent

                    VIP Member

                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

                    Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:30 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Just Martha
                    Ya, it is 50 pounds, not 70. 70 was for first class. However, I can't find if that is 50 pounds per bag or combined?
                    per bag. so you just gained a whole lot of extra luggage!!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users