How do you START your DW plans??

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 June_Dreams

June_Dreams
  • 248 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 06:08 PM

Hello All,

Oh man I am so flustered (is that even a word..lol) I just dont know where to start. I want to get an idea of what everything should potentially cost me to see if its even worth it. I contacted Dreams and really sent me alot of paperwork which just confused me more. I am from NJ (northern, Hoboken) and was wondering if anyone knows of any actual agency we can go too, to talk to face to face and figure things out such as: best dates, costs, ideas, etc.

HEEELLLPPPP..lol

Thanks,
    Joanna
    <3 <3 <3 Joanna & Orlando <3 <3 <3

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 31 January 2008 - 06:11 PM

dreams is super easy to plan a wedding at because the main costs are fixed...what other information are you looking for..?

i book alot of weddings there...

ETA: i just saw you emailed me...i emailed you back.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 31 January 2008 - 06:13 PM

well, youve picked a location which is a start! check out the thread for dreams brides in the cabo forum to read up on what they've done. and definitely talk to tammy (host) -- she is an authority on dreams!

#4 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 06:14 PM

You came to the right place. Tons of information- including budgets. You will get a pretty good understanding of costs. To have a basic wedding at the resorts, it's pretty inexpensive. It just depends on how much extras you add.
      Happily married since 2008

#5 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 06:16 PM

i was going to say get a TA (travel agent) but i see you have already begun talking to Tammy - good choice!! tammy was married at Dreams Los Cabos and she books a lot of weddings there.

good luck!

#6 June_Dreams

June_Dreams
        • 248 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 06:17 PM

Well I am really interested in having something thats all there you know. But at the same time we are a young couple and we will have alot more friends then family attending which means I would like to have it in a fun hotel. Fun meaning (club shows activities of some sort) I was a MOH for a wedding in June in Iberostar Punta Cana and although all the pictures came out BEAUTIFUL the wedding was a total disaster and very costly for us the atendees and the bride & groom. So I am trying my best to prevent that from happening. What other resorts offer all inclusive packages? Also, how do you have the hotel provide you with a private room for your reception not just a section in a restaurant.

Sorry I have so many questions I am just so happy to finally find a site that actually has information.

Thanks so much :)

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 31 January 2008 - 06:35 PM

riu is another AI in cabo but the last few weddings did not turn out that great...you can read kaceeng review

but air is going to be costly for you and your NJ guests...what about dreams cancun? or cancun or riviera maya?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#8 June_Dreams

June_Dreams
          • 248 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 06:44 PM

Yeah I figured flights would be the biggest cost Its just Los Cabos is so beautiful..

I am going to look into Dreams Cancun.

#9 plumsugar

plumsugar
            • 175 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:21 PM

Yay! Another Los Cabos bride from my state!
              Here’s how I started planning on my own:

1 ) Picked a date & a location: May in Los Cabos!

2 ) Had lots of patience & started out with healthy hands for all the emails to be sent!

3 ) Emailed about 5 of the more popular all-inclusive resorts asking them about room rates THEN wedding packages. Since air IS expensive from the east coast, I’d rather our guests have everything included in their hotel stay …

4 ) Minimized our list to 2 resorts that were both beautiful and reasonably priced by estimating what a general 4 night stay would be...

5 ) Went for a SHORT site visit, but it was so worth it lol!!! Since we already stayed at one of two chosen resorts and were lucky enough to be part of an event there three years ago, we stayed at the second option - and loved it even more than the original! But still went to see them both, plus the others that were not on the list (for the "just in case") Also took tons of pictures for our wedding website…

6 ) Signed and negotiated a room contract/wedding package and put down a deposit. Our situation was a little different as we paid for our BP’s entire stay (hence the deposit), but I guess everyone’s contract & deposit is different or even non existent for some??

7 ) Created a wedding website and sent out STD’s with the address for our guests to have all the information they needed to book & go (location/flights/passports)…

8 ) Found this amazing forum for lots of help and all the extras (florist/photographer/dj) and also had lots of contact with my fabulous groups coordinator at the resort…compared prices/reviews…and booked most of what I wanted on my own and the rest through the resort...

That’s pretty much the bulk of what I did to end up having my wedding at the Presidente…
              And yes, my hands arent so healthy anymore lol

#10 trisha0612

trisha0612
              • 491 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:36 PM

Things will be okay...I was totally in your seat about 6 months ago! It's confusing and overwhelming, but just start off by working with Tammy to pick a resort that will work the best for you! I'm getting married at Dreams Tulum next October. Although they only have 1 real "disco" they have tons of activities. The Mayan Ruins are 5 minutes away which can be a whole day's worth of activities...and well...I'm really excited about the trampoline in the ocean. What I figure is that, it's very well priced at a beautiful location, and since all of my friends will be together, every bar we attend will be alot of fun!! Good Luck!
                Travis & Trish
                10-10-08
                Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users