Photo

Southern California Wedding Location - Hotel del Coronado

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 andreacuata03

andreacuata03
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:00 PM

im having my wedding in SD but its so hard to find a hotel or hall that i like. I feel like im not looking well enough does anyone else have any links to nice places for a wedding in Sd, Ca. ? thanks!

Hotel Del is so nice!
    <a href="http://s19

#12 CTHawaii14

CTHawaii14
    • 488 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:29 PM

I love Hotel Del. We go to SD every year and we always stay there. Its such a nice resort and has a great atmosphere.

#13 nathanielthompsonphoto

nathanielthompsonphoto
      • 1,213 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 03:36 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by andreacuata03
        im having my wedding in SD but its so hard to find a hotel or hall that i like. I feel like im not looking well enough does anyone else have any links to nice places for a wedding in Sd, Ca. ? thanks!

Hotel Del is so nice!
        You might try La Jolla&rsquo;s Grande Colonial Hotel just one block from La Jolla Cove and beaches!

or Hotels San Diego Resorts - La Valencia Hotel La Jolla Hotels and Southern California Vacations

Both are beautiful/historic hotels

#14 sohappy

sohappy
        • 260 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 03:47 PM

I have never stayed overnight there but I did witness a beach wedding, it was very beautiful.

#15 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 31 January 2008 - 03:55 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by andreacuata03

Hotel Del is so nice!
          A friend of mine found a nice local park that was very close to the ocean. You might consider calling the parks department.
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#16 thomastaci22

thomastaci22
          • 98 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:58 AM

I am getting married at Scripp's Park in La Jolla. It is on top of a cliff right on the coast...beautiful! Our reception will be at George's at the Cove right after the ceremony. We went through a company called "San Diego Destination Weddings" and they have been wonderful so far! Their website is sandiegodestinationweddings.com and you can go there and look at all of the different locations they had done weddings in the past. Here is the place we are getting married:
            http://sandiegodesti....rippspark.html Scroll to the bottom and click on the pictures under "Ellen Browning Scripps Park"

#17 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:03 AM

I know Scripp's park....what a lovely spot for your wedding!

#18 COFPhoto

COFPhoto
              • 81 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:42 AM

I shoot portraits at the Hotel Del all the time - families, couples and HS seniors. 90% of the beach photos on my website are from there. Shooting a wedding for a coulpe from Missouri there on the 28th. It's an amazing venue and if you have the time there are a ton of great angles and backgrounds to work with. It's my most popular and favorite location!

The hotel was built in 1888 and was the first building outside of NYC to be powered by electricity. Pretty cool. Oh and Marilyn Monroe filmed a movie there (Some Like it Hot, maybe?) and Dashboard Confessional shot a music video there a couple of years ago.

#19 Justine Miller

Justine Miller
                • Banned
                • 24 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:48 PM

I;m shooting a wedding there in August... the place is amazing! You cant go wrong with it seriously!

#20 Crisp Video

Crisp Video
                  • 48 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:23 PM

1. Hotel Del Coronado
                    2. La Valencia in La Jolla (Bono stays there)
                    3. La Jolla Cove Suites, because of location
                    4. Coronado Marriott

I got married in La Jolla, it's a very special place. If I were you I would
                    go for La Valencia. I DJ'd Deepak Chopra's Christmas party there last year.

Congratulations!
                    Joel Crisp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users