Photo

And I started again!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ChristineFarah

ChristineFarah
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:25 PM

I could use the extra support so I thought this forum would be a great way to keep me motivated. I am having a really tough time with drinking all of my water and I am one of those girls who didn't eat breakfast regularly. FYI the turkey and black bean chili out of the comfort food cookbook is DELICIOUS! Let me know if anyone wants the recipe and I will type it up and post.

YAY for small starts!

**Crissy

#2 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:26 PM

Good Luck Crissy!

I've been back on ww for a couple of weeks and have lost about 8 lbs. This weeks I've been kind of busy and not so good at tracking my points, so we'll see at the end of the week how I did.

#3 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,513 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:16 PM

As long as I write down everything and religiously keep track of my points I always lose! I love WW b/c even if you have 1 bad day you can get right back on the next day! GOOD LUCK!

#4 LadyP

LadyP
        • 3,156 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 10:36 PM

good luck to you. I am having trouble getting started again only because i tried on my dress and it fits no inspiration to lose weight. need to because I need to wear other clothing. Can you post the chili recipe

#5 ChristineFarah

ChristineFarah
          • 30 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:44 PM

Sure I love this chili recipe! Oh and it's core in case anyone is doing that plan.
            Serves 4
            cook 40 mins

2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
            1 chopped onion
            1 green pepper
            4 cloves of garlic minced
            3/4 ground turkey
            1 (15 ounce) can of black beans
            1 (14 1/2 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
            1 tablespoon of chili powder
            2 teaspoons of cumin
            1 teaspoon of oregano
            1/2 teaspoon salt
            1/2 cup shredded fat free cheddar cheese (can buy WW kind)
            1/4 cup fat free sour cream
            1/4 cup scallions

Heat oil in a large non stick pan over med. high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook stirring occasionally until softened. Add turkey and cook breaking it apart with wooden spoon until no longer pink. Stir in beans, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the vegetables are very tender (about 30 mins). Serve with the cheese, sour cream, and scallions.

Per serving (1 cup of chili with 2 tablespoons of cheese, 1 tablespoon of sour cream, and 1 tablespoon of scallions) 242 Cal; 4g Fat, 0g Sat Fat, 0g Trans fat, 30mb Chol, 767mg Sod, 25g Carb, 8 g Fiber, 27g Prot, 219 mg Calc.

Points 4

#6 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:48 PM

Good Luck Crissy! You can do it!

I've had wonderful success with sparkpeople.com. The nutrition calculator is great! I know that site is free. I'm not sure about WW. So far I've lost 10 pounds in about 3 weeks, not even exercising regularly!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users