30 replies to this topic

#11 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:05 PM

you may want to ask him...prob around $350 an hour...he did my wedding as a favor for Francisco Entrada so i was charged Francisco's rate.

Click the image to open in full size.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#12 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:57 PM

Hello,

I have two questions for the people that have already gotten married.

1. How long did it take for your photog to take pics of the wedding? I'm trying to figure out how long to hire one for, my wedding is going to be very small with not MOH or Best Man.

2. I read somewhere that if you are getting legally married in Cabo that you should plan on being there at least two days in advance of your wedding. Anyone know why? We were thinking of arriving in Cabo on June 3rd and getting married on the 5th, since the 3rd is a Sunday do you think that give whoever enough time to do what they have to do?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Date: June 5, 2007

#13 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:42 PM

i can't tell you about the legal stuff but may help with your photog quetsion...

the photog i had scheduled originally said he would have my pics on a disk within 2 days...the new photog still hasnt gotten them to me and i am PISSED because he has promised he would have them by __________ date and those dates came and went with no pics...it has been almost 3 weeks and no pics.

the pics better be FABULOUS or i will be so annoyed...to make it worse because he was so slow to get my pics, it delayed videographer who was waiting for like 4 pics to put in the video...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#14 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:47 PM

WOW,, sorry to hear that. Who was your Photog? I don't think I would want to use him if that's what your going through.

#15 MSMAZE31

MSMAZE31
      • 176 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:29 PM

We got legally married in the states first so I can't help you with that either. Our photographer (we hired a LA photographer and brought him with us) was ALL over the place so I can't wait to see the pix. He says it will take him two weeks from today so I will keep you posted. He started pre-pictures around 4 ...my wedding was at 6:15.

April

June 10, 2006

Dreams Los Cabos

Wedding Planning Bio

#16 FELISSATORRE

FELISSATORRE
        • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:36 PM

I got married legally in Mexico and you need to go to a clinic or have someone come to you to get your blood taken. At Dreams the only option given to us was to have the blood taken at a local clinic. It was pretty easy and painless. The only problem we had was picking up the results the next day, I was told someone else could do it and sent my dad and it ended up that I had to be there. I think it was $50 per couple.

I had my photographer for an hour before and 3 hours after. We took a ton of photos on the beach. It just depends on what you want. We wanted him to stay to take some of us dancing. Felissa

#17 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:05 PM

i used him and was annoyed because it was taking so long to get the pics back...just got them this morning and they are FANTASTIC!!!! i mean so much better than i imagined. it was so worth the extra time he took to process them. i highly recommend him and will post some of his pics when i get the disk!

ps. i used to be an assistant photog at weddings so had a very high expectations. also, steves mom is a professional photog she loves them. i didn't think he caught ANY candids because i didn't see him during the reception but he is very STEALTH and took some really great candids.

A+++

Awards and recognition: 

#18 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 04:44 PM

Thanks for giving an update on how his pictures turned out. I can't wait to see them. His prices went up to $400.00 an hour.

#19 Janet

Janet
            • VIP Member
            • 7,459 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:30 PM

that is so great to hear! and you even got a much better rate than any of us could have :) can't wait to see!

Janet

AIM: jaynet03

Cabo Surf Hotel

#20 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:10 PM

i just posted some of his pics

Awards and recognition: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users