I am being totally ripped off?!!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 LA_bride

• 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:39 AM

You can book Mariachis in all kinds of combinations: Full group, trio, quartet. It doesn't always have to mean trumpets and "typical" mariachi stuff. However, I've been looking around and that seems to be the going rate per hour, slightly less if you have less musicians.

#12 michelle08

• VIP Member
    • 2,702 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:44 AM

I think there is some confusion maybe...

The $320 an hour is for what Maye calls a "trio mariachi" not the full mariachi.

The full mariachi is like $550 an hour.

I hear what you are saying though, I really wanted them for 2 hours...but I didn't want to pay the extra...so it will be a quick trip for them!

#13 luv2love

• 260 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 01:47 AM

At my resort in Jamaica they told me that for a reggae band it's $600 for the first two hours and then $200 every hour after that. I think live music of any kind is expensive

#14 starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:19 AM

I think that's a decent price too. In PV I think the price was more than double that, maybe because mariachi originated close by in Guadalajara? I agree that live music in general costs a lot but if you're really into it it's worth it. Good luck!

#15 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
          • 2,183 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:38 AM

Actually, that's a great price, My quote is 450.00 for eight of them.

#16 evonut

• 92 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by ncainey
              I know there are many threads on Mariachi Bands. Maye quoted me $320 for an hour. Granted there are eight of them! Does there have to be eight? Has anyone had a mariachi band with only three or four guys in Cabo? I wanted to hire one for the welcome party to get everyone in the mood but that seems really expensive! Anyone booked a mariachi band on their own and had better luck?
              We paid $430/hr for 5-member Mariachi band. They were great.

#17 tlomlad

• Banned
              • 1,949 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:33 PM

we are paying [with taxes included] $610 USD for a mariacihi trio for a set of 45 mins in cancun... id say you found yourself a pretty good deal!

it comes with our package, but thats what they are quoted for

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users