Photo

Any 1 worried their FI wont like the dress ?!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:46 PM

I'm sure once he sees you in the dress that you picked, he will love it.

I'm not worried about fi liking, I figure he'll love it because it's what I wanted.

I'm sure you'll be beautiful.
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#22 JODEY

JODEY
    • 344 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:47 PM

Hey girlies,

Thank you all for the advice, You've sooo put my mind at rest! I think I will stick to what I know suits me instead of trying to wear a dress that I think he would prefer, feeling a bit more positive now, thanks for the support !!

#23 KarmaB

KarmaB
      • 796 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:52 PM

Ok, So I think I am the ONLY person out there who did the "unthinkable" and took FH dress shopping with me. LOL. He's my Best Friend and knows me and my style better than anyone. He doesn't know for sure though which dress I picked, he had to wait in the car while I bought it. But to be honest knowing that he loves the dress already does take a load of stress off of me.

But I wouldn't worry too much in the end, because as others mentioned, he will just be happy to see you!

#24 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,680 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
        • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
        • LocationUtah

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:08 PM

I'm late on this but Jodey you are not alone. I felt the same way.. i did the same thing as you and showed him dresses similar to mine and he was like "ok". Showing him other dresses, which weren't my style, he was "wowed" about. Those dresses weren't me though. I was so nervous because I didn't think he would like my dress. In the end, he LOVED my dress. SO don't worry he's going to love your dress too!

#25 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:13 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by JODEY
        Hey girlies,

Thank you all for the advice, You've sooo put my mind at rest! I think I will stick to what I know suits me instead of trying to wear a dress that I think he would prefer, feeling a bit more positive now, thanks for the support !!
        jodey let me remind you also that most boys dont know jack about wedding dresses, and whatever you pick i guarantee he will love, if for no other reason just than the fact that you're wearing it! definitely pick whatever makes YOU feel pretty and "bridal" haha

#26 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
        • VIP Member
        • 3,160 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:54 PM

Aw that's so cute that you're worried he might not like it. But I'm sure he will LOVE it! Don't sweat it!! You will so stunning I'm sure of it.

#27 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,513 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:24 PM

Good advice from everyone - I am worried too! Especially after showing my FI pics of dresses that kind of look like mine! Now I think I want a more traditional dress!! ARGH!

#28 h&a

h&a
            • 321 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:46 PM

I was thinking the same thing last night... although I've yet to go dress shoppng (and my wedding is in June! Yikes!) but I pulled out a few bridal mags last night to see what my FI thought of dresses... I wanted to see if we had different tastes in wedding dresses b/c I want to wow him that day. After going through a few he said 'I have no doubt you're going to look beautiful in whatever you choose - you're beautiful and will radiate on our wedding and the dress you love will make you radiate even more' - or something like that. lol... so from FI Alex go with what you feel beautiful in and you'll knock his socks off no matter what!

#29 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:49 PM

A lot of us had a pretty clear image of what we liked until we tried it on & saw it wasn't right for us. So don;t take what your FI thinks would look good too seriously. I would think if a guy was looking through a bridal magazine he'd pick the dresses he likes based on how they look on the girl, not the actual dress. I think guys have trouble judging just the clothes.

#30 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
                • 1,266 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 09:44 AM

I just shared this thread with FI and he says "Baby, if youre wearing it you will be beautiful - no doubt" And I am sure that will be the same for your FI. He will see you and fall in love with you all over again... no matter what!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users