Photo

Paradisus Punta Cana Brides

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#11 Otis1230

Otis1230
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:28 PM

Our royal service Ocean view was the same situation. We had to have 10 rooms booked and all our guests got transfer for free. and we got upgraded to ocean view royal- but if ocean front is available will be moved
    Michael & Lisa
    April 25th, 2008
    Paradisus Punta Cana

#12 nde062010

nde062010
    • 106 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:28 PM

I'm wondering if any of you ladies can help me ...

I'm loving several resorts in Punta Cana right now ... Paradisus being one of them.

Are there any resorts where you can have a symbolic ceremony in english? I'm not sure how I feel about the translating...

thanks in advance!

#13 christie272

christie272
      • 28 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:37 AM

I'm not sure if any of the resorts offer the ceremony in english, but I was married at PPR in August and the translation wasn't bad. I think it added to the whole island wedding experience.

#14 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
        • 2,302 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:01 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by christie272
          I'm not sure if any of the resorts offer the ceremony in english, but I was married at PPR in August and the translation wasn't bad. I think it added to the whole island wedding experience.
          This has nothing to do with PPC, but I noticed you were married in August. Would you mind telling me what the weather was like?

So did the coordinator just translated the ceremony for you? I have a very close friend (she was actually there when FI and I met) that is fluent in Spanish and I thought it would be nice to incorporate her in the wedding by asking her to translate. Do you think that would be too degrading of a task?
          2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#15 nde062010

nde062010
          • 106 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:28 AM

Twinkletoes

Actually, I like that idea better than just a wedding coordinator translating.

The sister of the groom is also fluent ... hmmm ..

#16 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:02 AM

The translation is part of the ceremony. The WC will do the translation. It's customary unless you DON'T want it.

#17 christie272

christie272
              • 28 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 01:54 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by twinkletoes
                This has nothing to do with PPC, but I noticed you were married in August. Would you mind telling me what the weather was like?

So did the coordinator just translated the ceremony for you? I have a very close friend (she was actually there when FI and I met) that is fluent in Spanish and I thought it would be nice to incorporate her in the wedding by asking her to translate. Do you think that would be too degrading of a task?
                It was pretty hot. It didn't rain much when we were there, but there was a hurricane that passed by just the week before our wedding.

We did have the wedding coordinator translate for us, but they give you the option to have whoever you want translate. I don't think it's degrading to ask a friend to do it. Ask her how she feels about it, she may want to.

#18 Otis1230

Otis1230
                • 130 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 04:30 PM

Does anyone have ideas for a dinner reception- the marino reception is now not an option. im lost for ideas
                  Michael & Lisa
                  April 25th, 2008
                  Paradisus Punta Cana

#19 LindsayG

LindsayG
                  • 95 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 05:22 PM

I'm doing the Chill Out Chic reception. I like the idea of a night buffet on the beach. We are having about 25 guests.
                    Lindsay & Billy
                    July 11, 2008
                    Paradisus Punta Cana

#20 foxytv

foxytv
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,740 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

We are doing the beach reception from 5-8. Not chill-out chic, just the basic, but we've got closer to 40 guests. We'll have a dance floor and bringing our own centerpieces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users