Photo

Cake suggestions - For a tiny tiny wedding

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:49 AM

I am having a tiny wedding and the resort is making my cake. I wont have more than 6 actual guest and the resort is so small (only 32 guest allowed on 100 acres) The only thought would be that other guest staying there might end up at our wedding which is fine. Long story - short.

I am super anal about my wedding cake. I want a really pretty one but I dont need a big one. Any suggestions? What are some brides going to do?
    How do you know what your cake will look like if you have the resort bake it? Are you bringing photos of examples?

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:51 AM

Would you be opposed to really pretty cupcakes?

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:51 AM

I had 6 guests at my wedding as well, and we ended up doing individual wedding cakes for each person.. Take a look at the link in my sig and it's the first slide on the slide show.

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:53 AM

I was going to suggest the cupcake tower (we're doing that for our AHR) ... but I love the individual cake idea too.

For those few guests, Ithink either route would work beautifully.

#5 Jones4Me

Jones4Me
          • Banned
          • 381 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:05 PM

If you are wanting something that "looks like a wedding cake" you could always do a small 2 tier one. It could be decorated how you would like - fresh flowers, starfish & shells, whatever you like. It could just be a smaller version of a "regular" wedding cake that you like.

#6 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
            • 716 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 01:44 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Claire
              I REALLY like these - so petite and elegant. I think this would be a beautiful idea for a small wedding.
              I couldn't agree more. I think individual wedding cakes would be a really nice touch for your intimate wedding!

#7 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:09 PM

I also loved Tammy's indiviudal cakes. I think if it's in the budget, that is an awesome idea.

Tammy - I remember your photos when you first got married and I loved going back thru them jsut now! But I have to say, that I always remember the photo of you and Cain walking away and you were holding your dress up and it was my most favoritest pic and it wasn't in the slideshow.

#8 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:41 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
                  I also loved Tammy's indiviudal cakes. I think if it's in the budget, that is an awesome idea.

Tammy - I remember your photos when you first got married and I loved going back thru them jsut now! But I have to say, that I always remember the photo of you and Cain walking away and you were holding your dress up and it was my most favoritest pic and it wasn't in the slideshow.
                  Thanks.. I loved that picture as well. Can you believe that Juan accidently deleted that picture? It was one of my teaser pictures, once I got them all back I was looking for that shot and never seen it.. After a couple of week, Juan was able to retreive the shot, thank God.. :-)

#9 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:49 PM

So glad he could retrieve it for you! I always kept meaning to go look for it, cuz I want to gather a file of my favorite pics, so my photog knows what I like.

#10 Golden

Golden
                    • 354 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:20 PM

send a picture of what you want

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users