Photo

Bringing in your own Photographer/visa

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 MSMAZE31

MSMAZE31
  • 176 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:41 PM

My photo didn't get the work permit and he said no one asked him anything. He filled out his thing on the plane as just a visitor not as a biz person. Our coordinator didn't bring it up at all.... I really think they do that so you will hire a local person through them and they can make money. Honestly, our experience with customs was just soooooo easy. They just seemed like they they didn't care about anything. I believe that Tara Knull (sp?) now refers Jessica Claire a lot..is she on this website? Since Jessica shoots ALOT in Cabo I am sure Tara would know for sure.

Click the image to open in full size.

April

June 10, 2006

Dreams Los Cabos

My Wedding Pictures

#12 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
    • VIP Member
    • 931 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:30 PM

Jessica Claire is doing a seminar for photographers in Cabo in February, and here is what her website says:

Q: Are there regulations about what camera equipment I can bring in to the country?
      A: Yes. You may only bring one camera and one video camera into the country per person. If you are traveling as a family and are each bringing a camera, we recommend going through the search line separately because they will occasionally tell you that only one camera per family is allowed.

Q: Is there any other aiport protocol I need to know about?
      A: Yes. Cabo San Lucas has “red light/green light”. Once you collect your bags from the baggage claim, you will need to go through xray and then you will be asked to push a button. If when you push the button you get a red light, they will search all of your bags for contraband items, including multiple cameras. You will have no problem as long as you are only carrying the allotted amount.

I haven't spoken with my photographer about this issue specifically (I figure that he knows what he has to do) but I presume that he will just claim that he is a guest of the wedding :)

#13 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:32 PM

great info!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#14 constancewu

constancewu
      • 13 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:53 PM

A more affordable way to spend destination wedding is hiring a local vacation photographer instead. You save a lot on travel expenses, hotel expenses and have a LOCAL photogapher to show you around. Check out PicVoyage. A new vacation photography service company. http://www.picvoyage.com which offers family photos, honeymoon, engagement, elopement and intimate destination photo service. The package is really affordable comapring to a destination wedding photographer. They can also offer local vaaction photo tours experience. I think it is pretty cool idea to save money and also get to tour the city.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users