Hi Ladies, this website has been a lifesaver for me and everyone is so amazing here. So I thought I'd return the favour and post my first DIY project. I made my own will you be my bridesmaid cards and it was fun. My fiance was a lot of help and I don't think I could do it w/out him.
The colours didn't turn out that great for some reason, but they are turquoise, white and blue.
The text I got from this website: http://destinationinspirations.com/2010/09/30/etsy-find-green-card-designs-bm-moh-cards/. I thought it was so funny and my bridesmaids really liked it as well.
The tools that I used to make the cards are:
1. embossing machine--$35 (+ $7 shipping to canada). The week later I found the same embossing at Michaels for $48. What's great about Michaels is that you can print out coupons on retailme.com and use it with your purchase
2. 5 folders for the embossing machine--$10.99 at Michaels
2. Scorer and trimmer--$11.99 at Michaels, but walmart also had it for $10.99
3. Satin ribbon--$3.49 at Michaels (I think it was on sale)
4. Double sided tape--$1.45 at walmart on craft isle.
5. Cardstock--3.49 at Michaels
Here is the pic of the tools:
We are making our own thank you for booking cards and later more projects so I am happy we got the embossing machine and the trimmer with the scorer. After this project I think we'll use them quite a bit for all of our wedding DIY projects.
I've attached the word document with the picture and the text that I used. Hope this helps some of you!