Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#3701 LKocelko

LKocelko
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by CanadianLindsey 

We had it a donkey coctail hour at the Health Bar. It was a great location for it. Originally our cocktail hour was to be at Gazebo 555 right after our ceremony because the donkey was my husbands "ride" up the aisle! By the weather was looking like rain, so we moved it into the covered Health Bar. Here's a pic, donkey is on the right:

LL_120110_401.jpg

This is the picture my WC sent us when we asked for reception spaces! You guys are famous!

#3702 AllieH

AllieH
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

it's official! we've booked our anniversary trip to EDR. We are going the week of Thanksgiving. Can't wait!!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#3703 amanda50388

amanda50388
    • 153 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by AllieH 

it's official! we've booked our anniversary trip to EDR. We are going the week of Thanksgiving. Can't wait!!

yay!!! That is exciting!!! :)

#3704 mstigger

mstigger
      • 239 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

Wooooohoooooo!!!! 

#3705 mstigger

mstigger
        • 239 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Hey ladies!! I'm back again with a packing/luggage question.

How many suitcases/carry ons/etc did you and your now husbands take? Was it a royal pain getting through customs. I've been before and know it all gets xrayed again but i'm just worried about what a hassle it's all going to be.

At this point we will have 3 checked suitcases. He will have computer bag, and a small suitcase carry on. I will have wedding dress, purse and bag of some sort.

It just seems like a TON!!!

Would love to hear how it went for you guys!!

#3706 AllieH

AllieH
          • 2,014 posts
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

we had a ton going to Mexico. 4 checked suitcases, 1 rollerbag/carry on, his messenger bag, my dress and my shoulder bag (tote size). it was a pain going through the xray, especially because he didn't understand that he'd have to restack them on the cart on the other side, and the customs agent got a little impatient. but other than that, it was no big deal. it's a matter of managing it all and keeping it together. have your receipts with you just in case (and ensure the gift portion doesn't add up to more than $300 each). 

Originally Posted by mstigger 

Hey ladies!! I'm back again with a packing/luggage question.

How many suitcases/carry ons/etc did you and your now husbands take? Was it a royal pain getting through customs. I've been before and know it all gets xrayed again but i'm just worried about what a hassle it's all going to be.

At this point we will have 3 checked suitcases. He will have computer bag, and a small suitcase carry on. I will have wedding dress, purse and bag of some sort.

It just seems like a TON!!!

Would love to hear how it went for you guys!!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

#3707 mstigger

mstigger
          • 239 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

Hmmmmmm, receipts........I'm not sure I kept them, but my gifts are very, very minimal. Just the bags with dollar tree stuff and cups. Wonder what will happen if I don't have receipts?

we had a ton going to Mexico. 4 checked suitcases, 1 rollerbag/carry on, his messenger bag, my dress and my shoulder bag (tote size). it was a pain going through the xray, especially because he didn't understand that he'd have to restack them on the cart on the other side, and the customs agent got a little impatient. but other than that, it was no big deal. it's a matter of managing it all and keeping it together. have your receipts with you just in case (and ensure the gift portion doesn't add up to more than $300 each). 

#3708 AllieH

AllieH
            • 2,014 posts
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

I'm sure you will be fine - you have $600 total between the two of you, and if you have smaller stuff it won't add up to that much. I'd be surprised if they stop you anyway. We both got the green light and kept hauling our wedding crap to the shuttle service lol less than a month to go for you Gail!!!!!

Quote:

Hmmmmmm, receipts........I'm not sure I kept them, but my gifts are very, very minimal. Just the bags with dollar tree stuff and cups. Wonder what will happen if I don't have receipts?

#3709 mstigger

mstigger
            • 239 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:23 AM

I can't believe it's only a month away. I've been sick going on 4 weeks and finally on some super strong antibiotics to hopefully kill all of those horrible bacteria invading my body so I can get back to getting things done and not sleeping all the time!!! The antibiotic is causing some insomnia, so then my brain goes in to OVERLOAD when I'm laying in bed. Well, I am assuming that's the antibiotic and not my nerves!!! I feel like I still have so much to do and not enough time to do it!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh......

#3710 AllieH

AllieH
              • 2,014 posts
              • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

oh yuck - that a serious bug you've managed to catch. I hope these meds do the trick and get you all healthy soon!!

those koozies are so adorable!!!!

I can't believe it's only a month away. I've been sick going on 4 weeks and finally on some super strong antibiotics to hopefully kill all of those horrible bacteria invading my body so I can get back to getting things done and not sleeping all the time!!! The antibiotic is causing some insomnia, so then my brain goes in to OVERLOAD when I'm laying in bed. Well, I am assuming that's the antibiotic and not my nerves!!! I feel like I still have so much to do and not enough time to do it!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter