Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#3131 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

We got all of our photos a couple of days ago (all 800!!!). I've now posted a review, including pics of the ceremony & reception sets up, and our reception food. Just thought I'd share it with the EDR brides! 

 

http://www.bestdesti...ve/reviews/6756

 


 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


#3132 Marymack

Marymack
  • Jr. Member
  • 414 posts

    Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

    Allies your wedding was lovely,simple and elegant!!!

    Attached Files



    #3133 AllieH

    AllieH
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

    Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:22 PM

    thank you Mary!! 

    Originally Posted by Marymack 

    Allies your wedding was lovely,simple and elegant!!!

     


     

    Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

    Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

    El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

    AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


    #3134 nbateman

    nbateman
    • Jr. Member
    • 280 posts

      Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

      Originally Posted by AllieH 

      We got all of our photos a couple of days ago (all 800!!!). I've now posted a review, including pics of the ceremony & reception sets up, and our reception food. Just thought I'd share it with the EDR brides! 

       

      http://www.bestdesti...ve/reviews/6756

       

      fantastic review Allie, great detail! Did you have a choice for your meal at El Cocotal?



      #3135 Shannon Burgess

      Shannon Burgess
      • Newbie
      • 65 posts

        Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

        It's almost time for me to leave for MEXICO...we leave at 6:55am Tuesday January 1st...getting married on January 5th....For those of you that have already been through this, any last minute advice...anything that you forgot or that you wished you'd done before hand or something you wish you would have had with you?? Anything would be helpful!!  I'm beginning to pack now so I'm getting very nervous 



        #3136 AllieH

        AllieH
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 2,014 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
        • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

        Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

        Originally Posted by nbateman 

        fantastic review Allie, great detail! Did you have a choice for your meal at El Cocotal?

         

        Yes, we had a choice of 2 entrees from their menu, an appetizer, salad and dessert that we chose before hand. They were supposed to offer a 3rd choice - vegetarian - for two of our guests, but that was overlooked or my guests didn't ask about it even though I told them to. And then they brought out a few filets to pass around for kicks lol 

         

        EDR would have printed up menus just for our group choices, but I had already done that. The food was really good, and we had the restaurant pretty much to ourselves - not bad for 6:30pm on a Saturday night. They set up 4 big tables of 8 along the back for us. 


         

        Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

        Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

        El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

        AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


        #3137 AllieH

        AllieH
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 2,014 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
        • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

        Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

        I'm excited for you Shannon!!!! 

         

        If you can, take a list of all of your decorations/wedding items that you have for them to set up, and directions for where you want it. I had a couple of last minute phone calls on our wedding day from the WC asking about where I wanted this or that. Ok - really glad they asked, but at that point, it didn't matter lol 

         

        Also, if you are brining an iPod for the ceremony, make sure you have the songs all labeled for the events - guest seating, parent seating, bridal party walk, groom walk, bride walk, etc. rather than the names of the songs. It'll be easier for them to know when to switch to the songs. 

         

        lastly, if you see a bartender named Victor from NYC, tell him Steve & Allison said hello! 

         

        Most importantly - enjoy every moment. know that there will be hiccups or something that could have been done differently, but it won't change the big picture. You're getting married, surrounded by family and friends. Happy wedding!!!!! 

        Originally Posted by Shannon Burgess 

        It's almost time for me to leave for MEXICO...we leave at 6:55am Tuesday January 1st...getting married on January 5th....For those of you that have already been through this, any last minute advice...anything that you forgot or that you wished you'd done before hand or something you wish you would have had with you?? Anything would be helpful!!  I'm beginning to pack now so I'm getting very nervous 

         


         

        Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

        Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

        El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

        AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


        #3138 SweetFire

        SweetFire
        • Vendor
        • 330 posts

          Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

          Hello El Dorado Brides!  Great hotel you have picked and so much natural beauty.  Here is a little more to keep you planning and day-dreaming:

           

           

           

           

           

           

          Happy Planning!

           

          Sofia

          Lori's Office Assistant

           



          #3139 nbateman

          nbateman
          • Jr. Member
          • 280 posts

            Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

            Originally Posted by AllieH 

             

            Yes, we had a choice of 2 entrees from their menu, an appetizer, salad and dessert that we chose before hand. They were supposed to offer a 3rd choice - vegetarian - for two of our guests, but that was overlooked or my guests didn't ask about it even though I told them to. And then they brought out a few filets to pass around for kicks lol 

             

            EDR would have printed up menus just for our group choices, but I had already done that. The food was really good, and we had the restaurant pretty much to ourselves - not bad for 6:30pm on a Saturday night. They set up 4 big tables of 8 along the back for us. 

            ok, good to know! Do you know how far out they gave you the options for dinner?



            #3140 AllieH

            AllieH
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 2,014 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
            • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

            Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

            I don't remember the timing, but they should be able to share the menu they have now with you. I believe you choose from the regular Cocotal dinner menu. I looked through my files, but I don't have it here at home or I'd send it to you! 

            Originally Posted by nbateman 

            ok, good to know! Do you know how far out they gave you the options for dinner?

             


             

            Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

            Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

            El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

            AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome





            0 user(s) are reading this topic

            0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







            Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter