Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#2601 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:01 AM

I know!! I thought DW's were supposed to be easy too. I figured there would be some drama, but geeez.

 

Sorry to hear about your bridesmaids (congrats on the pending arrivals, but bummer that they are dropping out).

 

I don't think she'll be traveling to Mexico at 8 months prego... I sure wouldn't (even for a friend's wedding!).

 

We are officially at 89 days until our wedding, and 85 days until we leave. I'm soooo ready!!!!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiquita8302 

YES.

 

P.S. I totally thought this DW thing was supposed to make everything easy breezy and drama free- NOT.

 

Brief drama update since I've last had time to chat....

 

2 of my bridesmaids are teachers and I literally planned our wedding on their school vaca because that was the only way they could come... now both are pregnant (like they weren't planning when I discussed this with them?!?!) and neither can come (though one claims she's definately going to be able to come despite the fact that she'll be 8 months pregnant (I think she honestly feels bad, but argh! I can't plan for numbers like this!). FUN. :-)


 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


#2602 Jillsepher

Jillsepher
  • Newbie
  • 92 posts

    Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:12 AM

    That totally sucks Chiquita! So now how many bridesmaids do you have? Luckily the one sister I have going stepped up and is going to be my bridesmaid. Thank goodness! There has been a ton of drama with this wedding and a lot of people calling me selfish for having a DW that they can't afford to come to. At first it hurt my feelings and then I realized that this is the only day I get to be selfish so whatever! Anyone else get this reaction? 59 days til we leave and 63 til the big day! We got my FI's attire and now my biggest hurdle will be getting him to wear a tie. He's killing me!

    I know!! I thought DW's were supposed to be easy too. I figured there would be some drama, but geeez. Sorry to hear about your bridesmaids (congrats on the pending arrivals, but bummer that they are dropping out). I don't think she'll be traveling to Mexico at 8 months prego... I sure wouldn't (even for a friend's wedding!). We are officially at 89 days until our wedding, and 85 days until we leave. I'm soooo ready!!!! Quote:

    YES. P.S. I totally thought this DW thing was supposed to make everything easy breezy and drama free- NOT. Brief drama update since I've last had time to chat.... 2 of my bridesmaids are teachers and I literally planned our wedding on their school vaca because that was the only way they could come... now both are pregnant (like they weren't planning when I discussed this with them?!?!) and neither can come (though one claims she's definately going to be able to come despite the fact that she'll be 8 months pregnant (I think she honestly feels bad, but argh! I can't plan for numbers like this!). FUN. :-)



    #2603 TheWolferts

    TheWolferts
    • Jr. Member
    • 458 posts

      Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

      I LOVED my adorae!

       

      My husbands close cousin got married at the El Dorado Maroma about 8 months before we got married and I knew my dress was VERY similar... but I didnt want to not wear the adorae because it resembled anotehr family members dress. At first I was a little worried people would compare them, but I dont think anyone even noticed other than his cousin, who couldnt even attend the wedding. I felt so beautiful on our wedding day that I am glad I didnt sacrifice the dress of my dreams just because there might be some comparison. If you feel like the new dress will make you feel as fantastic as the adorae, then keep it, but dont sacrifice your vision and feeling just because of the similarity!

       

      In my opinion, the dress that you ended up buying looks just as similar to your friend's dress as the adorae does...

      Dress update!! :)

       

      So... I went shopping with my MOH, tried on a bunch of dresses, and fell in love with the Adorae:

       

      Which, I found out after I got back on here yesterday, is the SAME dress as Nikki! So funny... what are the odds?

      BUT apparantly the odds are pretty good... because I just looked at pics of my friends dress that she just got in for her September wedding (that I'm a BM in, and she'll be in mine) and she has almost the SAME dress

      This dress above is hers... ugh. So... because of the way girls are, I had to change my dress. :( All of us girls have been friends forever, so we have the same wedding party and everything, and it just wouldn't be okay for me to keep with something so similar...

       

      I went to another store, tried on every dress I could find that was similar but different, and couldn't find anything that compared. :(

       

      I had seen online that David's Bridal had a similar dress, so I ended up trying it on, and my friends all said that it was different enough from my friends dress, and I finally felt almost as happy as I was with the Adorae... so, I ended up buying this dress. I'm hoping I'm going to get over the Adorae and that I'll love this one... ugh. The good news is that this was on sale for only $499 and the adorae was  more than double that!! () So lets just hope I learn to love it. :)

      David's Bridal V3204 : wedding davids bridal dress v3204 V3204

      This is the one I ended up with! I'm going to have my seamstress remove the bling on this one and replace it with a sash with more like the one on the Adorae with much more bling. :) I'm also going to ditch the bow and replace that with a brooch with some more bling.

       

      I do think they're similar, and I think I will love it, but it's a bit frustrating that I had to compromise on my wedding dress! :( Plus, if I'm going to pick a dress that is so similar, I felt like I might as well have gotten the one I wanted, but my bridesmaids all said this dress is very different (which is what is so sad!) that there's no way she'll be upset or even think that it's like her dress.

       

      ARGH... but at least I have my dress!! Phew!! :)



      #2604 jnitschke

      jnitschke
      • Jr. Member
      • 251 posts

        Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

        I have to say I agree with Nikki.  Most people don't remember the details of other people's clothing.  One of my best friends was married in April and all I remember about her dress was that it was a fit and flare with a lot of beading... and that was my memory as someone who at the time was looking at wedding dresses non-stop.  For how much we spend on the dress and alterations, you shouldn't have to settle, just go with what you want.  It's not about what others think, but you're the bride...it's about what you think.  That's all that matters.  Plus to me, it looks like there is a greater difference between the Adore and your friend's dress, than your new dress and the Adore.   If you can't list things you love about this new one over the Adore, then I it's not your dress... just a look a like.  Also, a lot of your look will have to do with hair, makeup and accessories.  Not just your dress.  If you style your hair differently I doubt anyone will notice.  Mostly, your goal should be, to be so stunning that people won't be able to think of anyone else.  But, if keeping the Adore would make you feel self-conscious the whole time, then just go with what makes you feel confident.  Likewise, if the entire time you would think "I love it, but.... " then don't bother switching.  And, while the new dress is cheaper, the cost of the additions and alterations would have to drive that up a considerable amount.... making it negligible. 

        Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

        I LOVED my adorae!

         

        My husbands close cousin got married at the El Dorado Maroma about 8 months before we got married and I knew my dress was VERY similar... but I didnt want to not wear the adorae because it resembled anotehr family members dress. At first I was a little worried people would compare them, but I dont think anyone even noticed other than his cousin, who couldnt even attend the wedding. I felt so beautiful on our wedding day that I am glad I didnt sacrifice the dress of my dreams just because there might be some comparison. If you feel like the new dress will make you feel as fantastic as the adorae, then keep it, but dont sacrifice your vision and feeling just because of the similarity!

         

        In my opinion, the dress that you ended up buying looks just as similar to your friend's dress as the adorae does...

         

        If you are going to go with so similar a style with rouching, fabric, fit and flare... then you might as well go with your original choice... Just my opinion

         



        #2605 AllieH

        AllieH
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 2,014 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
        • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

        Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

        I'm going to 3rd Nikki and Jen's opinion. The sweetheart neckline on the Adorae (and your DB dress) are what distinguishes yours from hers. Honestly, I think by the time you are done with the changes to the DB dress, it'll look a lot like the Adorae anyway. And that's ok!! Just go with what you really want, and know that both of you have fabulous taste in dresses. You can do the different style of accessories or hairstyle too to change it up.

         

         

        Quote:

        Originally Posted by jnitschke 

        I have to say I agree with Nikki.  Most people don't remember the details of other people's clothing.  One of my best friends was married in April and all I remember about her dress was that it was a fit and flare with a lot of beading... and that was my memory as someone who at the time was looking at wedding dresses non-stop.  For how much we spend on the dress and alterations, you shouldn't have to settle, just go with what you want.  It's not about what others think, but you're the bride...it's about what you think.  That's all that matters.  Plus to me, it looks like there is a greater difference between the Adore and your friend's dress, than your new dress and the Adore.   If you can't list things you love about this new one over the Adore, then I it's not your dress... just a look a like.  Also, a lot of your look will have to do with hair, makeup and accessories.  Not just your dress.  If you style your hair differently I doubt anyone will notice.  Mostly, your goal should be, to be so stunning that people won't be able to think of anyone else.  But, if keeping the Adore would make you feel self-conscious the whole time, then just go with what makes you feel confident.  Likewise, if the entire time you would think "I love it, but.... " then don't bother switching.  And, while the new dress is cheaper, the cost of the additions and alterations would have to drive that up a considerable amount.... making it negligible. 


         

        Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

        Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

        El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

        AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


        #2606 AllieH

        AllieH
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 2,014 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
        • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

        Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:19 PM

        aaannnd here come the cancellations. 4 today alone - both couple who swore they would be there. We about a week out from payment, and I expected the number to drop, but it's still disappointing when it actually happens. 

         

        Ah well. 


         

        Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

        Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

        El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

        AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


        #2607 Jillsepher

        Jillsepher
        • Newbie
        • 92 posts

          Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

          Ah man such a crappy feeling especially when you gave them so much time to save up. Sorry to hear that! There seems to be a cancellation big going around...

          aaannnd here come the cancellations. 4 today alone - both couple who swore they would be there. We about a week out from payment, and I expected the number to drop, but it's still disappointing when it actually happens.  Ah well. 



          #2608 AllieH

          AllieH
          • Resort/Area Ambassadors
          • 2,014 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
          • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

          Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

          my typing skills took a break on that message lol sorry about that ladies!! 

           

          it does feel crappy, regardless of whether or not I expected people to drop. it's still a bit of a shock when it happens. I know we're all in the same boat. 


           

          Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

          Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

          El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

          AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


          #2609 Jillsepher

          Jillsepher
          • Newbie
          • 92 posts

            Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

            So I just want to be totally clear on this... With the Free Sweet Wedding Package it says you qualify for this if you have 7 nights at the Casitas and 15 additional room nights. We booked the Casita stay but I'm wondering what exactly this "additional room night" is. My travel agent explained that the additional room night means this... 15 room nights total. My father booked 4 nights so thats 15-4 = 11 more nights and so on. So with all my guests I have a total of 25 nights people have booked. I should be okay right? I would hate to go there and find this isn't true.



            #2610 Onelove2013

            Onelove2013
            • Newbie
            • 8 posts

              Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

              This is the best website ever! But 200 some pages of reading everyone's comments is going to take me forever! I am getting married at the el dorado November 8th 2012! We are staying in a casita for 10 days and we were going to just do the free wedding. I still don't even know where to have the wedding! All I want is the ocean behind us and barefoot in the sand! we will have about 40-50 people coming so I don't know what to do about a dinner after either! Please help:)




              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users







              Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter