Photo

iberostar resorts, any good reviews?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 mellibean

mellibean
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:52 PM

has anyone stayed at any of the iberostar resorts? if so, is this hotel chain a good place to go?

#2 PVBride

PVBride
    • 443 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:08 PM

Hi,

My FI and I stayed at Iberostar Quetzal/Tucan and Iberostar Paraiso Maya last August. We loved our stay at both places, and saw a few beach weddings while we were there.

If you have any questions or would like more details, let me know and I will be happy to help!

Jackie

#3 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
      • VIP Member
      • 2,347 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:13 PM

If you do a search on "iberostar" on here, you'll probably find a bunch of information. I know there are several of us who are planning/thinking about having our weddings with them. I know somewhere on this site I had posted previously a link to a website that is dedicated to the Iberostar resorts and had wedding reviews, resort reviews, etc...

(Completely unrelated, but I just noticed I hit "666" for my posting count---- hehehe)

#4 Heligirl

Heligirl
        • 97 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:58 PM

Jackie,
          i have a few questions about the weddings at the Iberostar Tucan. We (along with 40 people are staying there) for our wedding because of all the great reviews, but I'm not to sure about the wedding.. It looks like it's by the building by a chain link fence.. The reception is in a resturaunt- with other hotel guests if you dont have over 50 people to reserve the whole thing adn then to the disco if you want.. I'm thinking of going to Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel- they have beautiful weddings but it may be a pain to ferry over..
          Could you give me your honest oppinion about the resort wedding.. I need to decide soon!! :) Thanks so much
          Andrea

#5 PVBride

PVBride
          • 443 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:12 PM

Hi Andrea,

The wedding that we saw was on the beach in late afternoon with about 20 guests. From what I remember, it was held in the middle of the beach and wasn't too close to the building. The wedding itself was simple, yet nice. There was a very large crowd of beach goers that gathered around and watched. If privacy is not an issue for you, than it shouldn't be a big deal.

The resort itself was beautiful. It was like walking through a jungle. We saw tons of wildlife (monkeys and turtles, ect.) The food and staff were great also.

Would you like me to send some pictures of our stay?

Jackie

#6 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:09 PM

Oooh, this thread makes me so excited, we are leaving for our stay at the Tucan/Quetzal on Saturday! We'll be there Sat. June 9 - Wed. June 13th.

Jackie, do you have any tips for us during our stay??

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#7 PVBride

PVBride
              • 443 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:59 PM

Jaime,

You are going to have such a great time!! I'm jealous :) Is this a scouting trip or just for fun?

A few tips -

- Eat at the Mexican and Japanese restaurant - they were fantastic!

- If you go to any of the nightly shows, I recommend getting there a little bit early to get a good seat. The Mr. Iberostar Show was the best, IMO.

-If you are planning on any excursions, I HIGHLY recommend The Mayan Encounter through Altournative Tours. It was unforgettable and worth every single penny.

We stayed at Tucan/Quetzal for a few nights, and then they upgraded us to the Paraiso Maya (no strings attached!) I have since heard that they offer upgrades frequently.

Have a great trip!! Let me know how it goes!

Jackie

#8 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:05 PM

Thanks so much, Jackie!! We are going for both fun and a scouting trip. We're planning on checking out all of the Iberostar Resorts, so that would be really cool if they would upgrade us so we could try out more than one resort. Did you have a favorite between the two resorts (Tucan/Quetzal and Maya/Lindo)??

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#9 PVBride

PVBride
                  • 443 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:26 PM

Both resorts are great, but we personally liked the Maya/Lindo better. It was not as crowded as Tucan, an in our opinion the beach was better. The rooms were also bigger - ours had a jacuzzi tub, a separate living area and a nice balcony. Our building of rooms had a private pool, and a concierge that would make your meal reservations each night. The Maya seemed to have more to do at night - a piano bar, cigar bar, karaoke, disco, ect.

Either way, you really can't go wrong! There were tons of great things at Tucan/Quetzal as well and I think the Maya is much more expensive.

#10 Martha

Martha
                    • VIP Member
                    • 3,906 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:03 PM

I am getting married at the Lindo next year...I think I already told you that. I am going to email you the pics my TA sent me of the Grande tonight...thanks for the reminder!

Tripadvisor has awesome reviews of the Lindo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter