Wedding invitation software?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 tvt

tvt
  • VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:07 PM

Hi ladies, I really want to make my own invites. I'm looking on mountaincow.com and they have software for sale. Are any of you using/used special software for your DIY invites?

Also, has anyone gone through Mountaincow - Print Invitations At Home - Software and Printable Stationery

#12 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
  • 466 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:15 PM

I used Adobe Illustrator.

I was looking at MountainCow but didn't want to shell out the $$. I even had my FI search if he could download it online but he couldn't find it. I found out about MountainCow from a Wedding Magazine ~ looks like it may work. It depends upon how complicated you want your invites to look like, if its simple you can probably just buy clip art from Wedding Clipart - Make Wedding Invitations and Programs - Free Trial! and make it in word or ppt.

#13 tvt

tvt
  • VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:19 PM

I was browsing more and for a DIY project it's still spendy! And I'm not head over heels about the designs I've seen so far.

What about Photoshop? Could you use that to create invites??

#14 Adamsgrrl

Adamsgrrl
  • 466 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:32 PM

I just opened Photoshop. You can use it... there's a function in all Adobe programs called Bride where you can access thousands of photos online i.e. starfish, palm trees, etc. But there is no clip art that I know of that you can use. So for example, I wanted to use a photo of a starfish, I resized it smaller, turned it into black and white, then picked the color I wanted to make it so that it appears to be a drawing.

#15 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:47 PM

I made my own, but I didn't buy software. I just bought one of the DIY kits at staples and created it in word and printed them. They are plain, but I really didn't care because I didn't want to spend a lot on invites. Mine are white with a raised silver border. The kit came with the invitations and response cards for 50 invites. A lot of invitation websites sell the DIY ones too, I think Michaels also has them, or AC moore, one of them.

#16 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,652 posts
  • Wedding Date:10-10-07
  • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
  • LocationUtah

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:17 PM

I'm a fan of Adobe as well. I love photshop and illustrater. I've never hear of mountain cow before you mentioned them but they lok like a good product.

Let us know what you decide on tara.

Oh BTW what did you have in mind for a theme for your invites?

#17 Janet

Janet
  • VIP Member
  • 7,406 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:22 PM

I used Adobe InDesign, since I already had it on my computer. How fancy do you want your invites to be? Text only or graphics too?

#18 Tlseege

Tlseege

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,058 posts
  • Wedding Date:4/11/2008
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principle Akumal
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:28 PM

Alright Ms. Tara, what are you thinking here? What do you want your invitations to look like? Do you have a photo to go off of? Do you have a theme, colors, style? What is your price range? I have a lot of ideas for DIY invites, but they vary quite a lot.
~Trisha~
www.faberphotography.com

My latest destination wedding photos can be found HERE

#19 tvt

tvt
  • VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:57 PM

Wow, you ladies are so great!

I want to do something casual and vacationish... if that makes sense. Fun, simple, casual, beachy theme - starfish, turtles, beach, palm trees, whatever is beachy.

As for colors... not sure. Just tropical colors. I'm not sure we'll have a color scheme since we're not doing bridesmaids and groomsmen.

I REALLY want Photoshop! I'm trying to get a bootlegged copy from someone, or I might just buy it off of ebay! I LOVE that program and desperately want it.

Oh, and I probably have to invite 200 or so people, but I'm open to spending some time on them.

Can you tell I have no idea what I want? I really don't care all that much, as long as they are cute

#20 Heidi

Heidi
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
Wow, you ladies are so great!

I want to do something casual and vacationish... if that makes sense. Fun, simple, casual, beachy theme - starfish, turtles, beach, palm trees, whatever is beachy.

As for colors... not sure. Just tropical colors. I'm not sure we'll have a color scheme since we're not doing bridesmaids and groomsmen.

I REALLY want Photoshop! I'm trying to get a bootlegged copy from someone, or I might just buy it off of ebay! I LOVE that program and desperately want it.

Oh, and I probably have to invite 200 or so people, but I'm open to spending some time on them.

Can you tell I have no idea what I want? I really don't care all that much, as long as they are cute
I use Macromedia Fireworks. Just like Photoshop, but MUCH more user-friendly!!! Probably cheaper too...not sure about that though.
Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter