Photo

Cancun/RM Brides~ POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 soon2bmrsbyers

soon2bmrsbyers
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:51 PM

We got one day of rain when I was there last july. What time is your wedding at? Does it tend to rain more at any particular part of the day? I am in a similar situation June 1st...
    http://img11.mytextg....cf932f433e.gifJune 2007RIU Palace Las Americas Cancun

#62 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:32 AM

I so hope it doesn't rain on my wedding day. that would stink

#63 gunde

gunde
      • 35 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:42 AM

I think a little hurricane would liven things up (or maybe I'm thinking of the drink). All I know is nothing could possible spoil my wedding day except if I put on 50lb!! I'm gonna chance the Oct weather, besides its just after my b-day and we will be partying on my fav holiday-halloween!!! anyone know if they celebrate that holiday down in RM?

#64 anaderoux

anaderoux
        • 3,220 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:47 AM

My wedding will be at 4:00 PM in the church and then 5:30 legal wedding at the beach, then the pictures and then the party at the hotel's pool area.. rain would deffinetly spoil it!! specially the pictures..

#65 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:04 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by gunde
          I think a little hurricane would liven things up (or maybe I'm thinking of the drink). All I know is nothing could possible spoil my wedding day except if I put on 50lb!! I'm gonna chance the Oct weather, besides its just after my b-day and we will be partying on my fav holiday-halloween!!! anyone know if they celebrate that holiday down in RM?
          I imagine they would celebrate the day of the dead, which is Nov 1 (right?) Day of the Dead - MSN Encarta
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#66 gunde

gunde
          • 35 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:14 AM

thanks for the info.

#67 SunsetBride

SunsetBride
            • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 05:00 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by lnucks
              Riviera Maya Brides,

I need your input. In the past week I have tried to narrow down my choices of an AI in Cancun or the Riviera Maya area. After much research I have decided on the Riviera Maya. I have about 50 people who will be attending the wedding with kids so I need a family resort. I would like the resort to be close to Playa del Carmen so we can go into town a couple of nights. I am pretty flexible on the dates (I can marry any day but wed in June & July) We are looking at a budget of 900 to 1200 per person for 5 nights including airfare. So airfare alone will be about $400.00 leaving about $500 - 800 to spend on the AI resort for 5 nights. I am looking at the RIU Palace Riviera Maya, RIU palace Mexico, and Iberostar Tucan. (I would love the Occidental, but my neices and nephews want the ocean to connect to the hotel so they can play in the big waves) : )

Are there any other AI family resorts that you can think of that are close to Playa del Carmen besides these three?

What are your thoughts on these 3 places?

Do you think I can stay at these places for $500-800 (per person) for five nights?

Do they give discounts for kids to stay?

Let me know your thoughts! Thanks : )
              I just got onto this forum and saw your post from Dec - have you made a decision on the resort for your wedding. These are the exact same resorts I am considering for my wedding in May 07. I want to make sure it is affordable for my guests but I also want it to be absolutely beautiful and stress-free for my wedding. I am quite interested to hear what you have decided or found out at this point

#68 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
              • 420 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:02 PM

I've narrowed it down I think to the Iberostar or Grand Palladium, mostly because of price for guests. I really liked the Riu Palace Mexico as well, and everyone on the forum keeps saying it is very affordable, but from my research it is quite pricey, certainly pricier than Grand Palladium and Iberostar.

Have I done bum research? I don't think so, because Tammy said that too, and she knows all...

But I think Iberostar and Grand Palladium could be nice too... I hope... anyone know about those?
                Margaret & Eric

#69 lbourassa

lbourassa
                • 55 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:44 PM

So many resorts to check on! I think I will look into the Grand Palladium and the Iberostar too after reading this thread...

#70 ylan9383

ylan9383
                  • 188 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
                  • Wedding Location:Playacar Palace, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
                  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

Riu Palace Riviera Maya is slightly better than Riu Palace Mexico imho

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter