Photo

AHR - How do I keep drinks cold?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#11 RyanAmanda

RyanAmanda
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:20 PM

We're doing a lunch for our AHR that will be a catered buffet with an open self-serve bar...bottles of water, pop, beer and wine. The thing I'm stuck on is, how do I keep all the drinks cold? The only thing I can think of is coolers but it just seems not...nice (I can't think of the word I'm looking for) enough. Although our AHR won't be fancy, it just seems weird to have this nice buffet and all white linen tableclothes, vases of flowers...and then coolers. Any suggestions? We really didn't want to have a bartender so that's why we're trying to think of a serve yourself option.

#12 lauren

lauren
  • VIP Member
  • 15,997 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:23 PM

you can get styrofoam coolers and decorate them w/ tulle and paint pens...or what about 70 gallon buckets like these: [url/http://www.fortexfortiflex.com/plasticbuckets.html[/url]? you can decorate them and put tons of ice in. there are also metal buckets, but idk how big they are.

#13 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
  • VIP Member
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:27 PM

Why not buy really big stainless steel buckets and fill them with ice? That would keep everything cold and look nice. You could decorate them with your wedding colours.

#14 lauren

lauren
  • VIP Member
  • 15,997 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:27 PM

i was just thinking about the metal buckets - i think they'd heat up a lot faster than plastic, and would melt the ice faster...but jmo.

#15 RyanAmanda

RyanAmanda
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:33 PM

Our AHR will be Nov 9th - I'm sure it will be rainy and miserable so I don't think ice will melt too quickly.

Any ideas on where to buy big tubs/stainless steel buckets? And I'm in Canada so no saying Target..lol.

#16 lauren

lauren
  • VIP Member
  • 15,997 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:37 PM

um...online, lol! i don't know what you have in canada. i've seen big buckets in the supermarkets here tho.

#17 Melissa G

Melissa G
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:49 PM

Bed Bath and Beyond has really pretty clear acrylic wine tubs. Those would be really nice.

Bed Bath & Beyond Product

Do you have bed bath and beyond?

#18 Amarillis

Amarillis
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:03 PM

Ryan Amanda - I would suggest checking out the superstores - i have seen big buckets there in metal - and they would be perfect.

Another Idea - I saw this at another wedding - the couple filled a canoe with ice and set the drinks in there. It was actually really cute!

#19 lauren

lauren
  • VIP Member
  • 15,997 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:06 PM

OH! along the same lines - when my cousin's graduated, they bought a blow up boat and filled it w/ seafood...you could do the same w/ ice!

#20 klhutsell

klhutsell
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:22 PM

Something we have used at several parties is a galvanized water trough. You can buy them for a decent price at Big R stores or any stores that have livestock or horse supplies. Make sure you fill it where you want it to stay, because by the time it is filled with drinks and ice they are extremely heavy! Just an idea....Good Luck Finding Something!!

Kelsie and MarcusJune 14, 2008Graduation/Engagement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter