• Please log in to reply
4876 replies to this topic

#3451 WeddingCancun

WeddingCancun
  • Vendor
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Svetlanka22 

We are so glad that we choose Barcelo for our wedding destination! Good luck to future brides!!!!

wow what a sweet shot! thanks for sharing and good luck to other brides aswell.

Here's an inspirational picture for you at the barcelo maya palace:

Grisell

Wedding Cancun by LATINASIA

We help couples planning a beach destination wedding who want a splendid Wedding experience in Cancun and Riviera Maya get simple, elegant and romantic decoration without worring to deal with vendors who really dont care about your wedding. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT?

#3452 julie1025

julie1025
    • 20 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Hi Ladies, 

My wedding date is May 25th, my fianc© and I had already decided on the  Mint Breeze package. but just know are having second thoughts on changing to the strawberry package. The price difference is about $3,000! We love the idea of having the reception on the beach and cant imagine being indoors for it. Based on your experience what do you recommend??? Also does can anyone share pictures of the banquet room decorated?? 

Thank you! 

Julie ! 

#3453 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
      • 389 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

Julie 1025, I think that the reception outside is fabulous, I didn't fly all the way to Mexico to sit in a banquet hall and pay for a reception indoors! I was in tears when we were asked if we wanted to be put inside because it might might rain, i refused to be put inside until it started to rain! LOL! But it is all personal preference, as you can see the review above, that person was very disappointed with the strawberry package and being outside. Every person at our wedding was happy to be outside, the food wasn't cold or anything, no sand was flying or anything, dancing in the sand was so much fun, everything was FABULOUS!! We were satisfied with every penny we paid for the strawberry package, but it is a budget thing as well, because if your budget doesn't allow space for you to step up packages then it doesn't. The menu choices are also a little more extravagant with the strawberry, i think, with options such as surf and turf. In my opinion $60 per person over 15 people isn't bad for a 4 course meal that is privately served on a beach, with surf and turf as your entree! Where else can you get that kind of dinner for that price?! :) Happy planning! Feel free to ask any questions, it's all still fresh in my memory from our Nov 28 wedding!

#3454 lescole44

lescole44
        • 22 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

Hi ladies! We are getting married at the Barcelo on 10/12/13! It seems so far away :)

I wasn't aware that certain meals were only available with certain packages? Do you know if it is possible to pay to have the meals upgraded to surf and turf if you don't have the Strawberry Passion package?

#3455 lescole44

lescole44
          • 22 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

Thank you so much for this post! I had originally planned to book Adrian but had seen some decent reviews of the spa recently and was a little on the fence. My hair and make up not being a stress factor on the big day is a huge deal to me :) So, thanks to this post I went ahead and put my deposit down with Adrian today.

#3456 gilmana

gilmana
            • 62 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

We leave tomorrow for our wedding on Monday, the 14th!  I'll let you know how it goes!  

#3457 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
              • 389 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

So much with this planning and wedding stuff is very personal, i had my makeup done at the spa, as well as my hair and I can assure you i didnt look like a drag queen for my wedding, my hair and makeup was a total success at the spa, as was my girls' hair styles. Adrians work is also great, just depends on where you prefer to spend $ and what kind of work you want done on makeup... airbrushing wasnt necessary for me. I have pics posted on BDW on many different forums. For meals I have heard you cannot upgrade anything from package to package, you just have to change packages.

#3458 WeddingCancun

WeddingCancun
                • Vendor
                • 210 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by julie1025 

Hi Ladies, 

My wedding date is May 25th, my fianc© and I had already decided on the  Mint Breeze package. but just know are having second thoughts on changing to the strawberry package. The price difference is about $3,000! We love the idea of having the reception on the beach and cant imagine being indoors for it. Based on your experience what do you recommend??? Also does can anyone share pictures of the banquet room decorated?? 

Thank you! 

Julie ! 

I'm sure that having your reception on the beach it is going to be more than beautiful! You can decorate the venue with beautiful lights and plus, your guest will love the gorgeous ocean view.

Just make sure to have a back up plan, because the weather it's something unpredictable.

We help couples planning a beach destination wedding who want a splendid Wedding experience in Cancun and Riviera Maya get simple, elegant and romantic decoration without worring to deal with vendors who really dont care about your wedding. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT?

#3459 FireyNurse

FireyNurse
                  • 389 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

We leave tomorrow for our wedding on Monday, the 14th!  I'll let you know how it goes!  

Can't wait to hear all about it! I hope you have a blast!!

#3460 lescole44

lescole44
                    • 22 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by FireyNurse 

So much with this planning and wedding stuff is very personal, i had my makeup done at the spa, as well as my hair and I can assure you i didnt look like a drag queen for my wedding, my hair and makeup was a total success at the spa, as was my girls' hair styles. Adrians work is also great, just depends on where you prefer to spend $ and what kind of work you want done on makeup... airbrushing wasnt necessary for me. I have pics posted on BDW on many different forums.

For meals I have heard you cannot upgrade anything from package to package, you just have to change packages.

I saw your pics! Gorgeous. That's actually why I was considering not using Adrian... my hair refuses to curl though and that worries me lol. I have seen so many mixed reviews. Thanks for the helpful info.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter