Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4868 replies to this topic

#2071 artistique

artistique
  • Banned
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:55 PM

We have always booked with either Expedia or Orbiz as they usually give a great discount for booking hotel and airfare together. If you are in the US, you may be able to negotiate a room rate with Barcelo and hold a block of rooms. It may be easier to get a travel agent to negotiate with them for that. We are going to be booking our next trip for April 2011 and have been watching rates on both Expedia and Orbiz. Orbiz has had the better discount. FYI, if you have an Entertainment book, Expedia has a coupon in there. :)

Michelle

Originally Posted by silvajen 

Hey girls! I need some help... how is everyone booking their rooms? Are you going straight to the hotel? Are you booking through something like bookit.com or orbits etc.? I am having a hard time with this. Did you WC help you?

I need to book asap to confirm my wedding date but don't know if I should go straight to the hotel and book a flight separate or if I should book a package deal

Any help you can give would be great! Thanks girls :-)

#2072 mexico_2011

mexico_2011
    • 82 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by FutureMrsG 

Does anyone know which beach is the best location for a beach reception?  Does anyone have pictures of the options?  I have called Barcelo twice and e-mailed Karen (who apparently is on vacation) 7 times without getting anywhere.  I talked to Shaid as well as Victoria on the phone, both of which told me they would e-mail me the pictures of the various beaches right away and I have not gotten them.  I even stayed on the phone with Victoria until after she hit send on her computer but I still have not gotten the photos. I am extremely frustrated because I need to order invitations for my January 7, 2011 wedding ASAP and Barcelo is making it very hard for me to get the necessary information together to get this done.

There are 3 beach locations for receptions. One is called Coral Beach and it is in front of the Palace. There are palm trees there that they wrap in white lights. The 2nd is Palmeras Beach which is in front of the Colonial/Tropical. It is fairly open and it's in between lounge chairs, but good for large groups. The 3rd is Playa Azul which is at the far end of the resort in front of the Barcelo Maya Beach. There is an area covered with a thatched roof right on the beach and they set up your reception under that. I think I might have a few pictures, if you want me to email them to you just pm me your email address.

We chose Playa Azul for our beach reception....can't wait!

Mel :)

#2073 Mrsmessner2011

Mrsmessner2011
      • 2 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:48 PM

I'm new here we just booked our wedding for October 8th 2011 @ 5:00pm! glad to have found this message board, it looks to be a lifesaver!

#2074 michelle2011

michelle2011
        • 1,301 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mrsmessner2011 

I'm new here we just booked our wedding for October 8th 2011 @ 5:00pm! glad to have found this message board, it looks to be a lifesaver!

Welcome to the forum congrats on your wedding :o)

#2075 slandro06

slandro06
          • 153 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

welcome and congrats!

#2076 Luv2010

Luv2010
            • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:45 AM

Hi - I have hired the DJ at the resort for our wedding Nov 11th. Did you receive any replies to your post regarding the DJ? I would luv to hear some feed back if you have any.

Thanks

#2077 Avens

Avens
              • 576 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

I'm a newbie here and getting hitched at the Barcelo Maya Palace in January 2012.  Whee!

#2078 artistique

artistique
                • Banned
                • 190 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Avens 

I'm a newbie here and getting hitched at the Barcelo Maya Palace in January 2012.  Whee!

Congratualtions! We were there in January of this year and it was so nice, not too hot!! :)

#2079 BrideMoka

BrideMoka
                  • 155 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:06 PM

Can you send me a picture of you rbm dresses

#2080 BrideMoka

BrideMoka
                    • 155 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:22 PM

I couldn't download the attachment, can you email the 2011 prices to me thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter