• Please log in to reply
4865 replies to this topic

#1931 artistique

artistique
  • Banned
  • 190 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by ashfrylund 

Is there anyone who can tell me what is a good time to have a reception for a 4pm mid april wedding ceremony. Is 7pm too late? Also, we want to get a mariachi, when did any of you have them come to the reception. During dinner? during dancing? I really want one cause they look super fun but i want to have time to do all the dances and stuff. Also, last question, what time does jaguars open?

Hey Ashley :)

Mariachi usually come during cocktail/dinner which is really cool! I am almost positive Jaguars opens at 11:00pm. It could be 10:00 but not earlier than that. Sunset is at 7:05 that day so the reception at 7:00 would be great as we will have the beautiful light in the hour before to get great stuff of you guys on the beach. SO excited. :)

Michelle

#1932 b2b2011

b2b2011
    • 58 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by nmurch 

i booked Ivan Luckie, but i'm curious, who is the new photograhers?

Just curious what Ivan asked you for your deposit?

#1933 sarah2011

sarah2011
      • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:39 PM

is it just me or does the new photo places packages kinda suck?  I was not planning on getting prints done in mexico i just wanted a cd and do them back home professionally, but it does not seem like you have alot of options!

#1934 Clean122

Clean122
        • Site Supporter
        • 118 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:42 PM

Hey im just wondering if you girls got a deal on your wedding package through the hotel at all? Or if the travel agent gave you any kind of a break on booking a larger party through them??

thanks!

#1935 nmurch

nmurch
          • 396 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:18 AM

i belive it was 50% when i bookedhim and the other 50% 1 months prior to the wedding

Originally Posted by b2b2011 

Just curious what Ivan asked you for your deposit?

jan 11 cant come soon enough...

#1936 michelle2011

michelle2011
            • 1,301 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:09 AM

Yah we have our wedding time back! The hotel didn't realise that the TA was booking in the same couple that had already reserved the 3pm slot.. so i'm a happy girl today :o)

#1937 michelle2011

michelle2011
              • 1,301 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:31 AM

For the girls wondering about the new photographer my BM found these samples on the Unofficial forum......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/weding1

#1938 FuninthesunMayan2011

FuninthesunMayan2011
                • Site Supporter
                • 51 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by michelle2011 

For the girls wondering about the new photographer my BM found these samples on the Unofficial forum......

http://www.flickr.com/photos/weding1

Hey Ladies! I'm also getting married at Barcelo (but at the Tropical) Feb 25th, 2011. I was nervous about booking an outside photographer because of their ever changing policies they seem to have but went for it anyway! Booked Ivan Luckie and have had great communication with his thus far.

Photocaribe was amateur at best. I've been following the unnofficialbarcelomaya website on this very topic and was curious about the new photog's portfolio as well...seems like "more of the same", all be it a bit better, but for their prices you could hire an outsider and do a TTD or engagement session for just a bit more! What does everyone else think of their portfolio thus far?? 

#1939 michelle2011

michelle2011
                  • 1,301 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by FuninthesunMayan2011 

Hey Ladies! I'm also getting married at Barcelo (but at the Tropical) Feb 25th, 2011. I was nervous about booking an outside photographer because of their ever changing policies they seem to have but went for it anyway! Booked Ivan Luckie and have had great communication with his thus far.

Photocaribe was amateur at best. I've been following the unnofficialbarcelomaya website on this very topic and was curious about the new photog's portfolio as well...seems like "more of the same", all be it a bit better, but for their prices you could hire an outsider and do a TTD or engagement session for just a bit more! What does everyone else think of their portfolio thus far?? 

I agree they dont seem to much different to the old ones. I think i would have to see a few more before i'd make a decision. We like the fact you will have photos to take home with you not just the CD. Do all the outside photographers do a DVD for the same price range?

#1940 FuninthesunMayan2011

FuninthesunMayan2011
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 51 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by michelle2011 

I agree they dont seem to much different to the old ones. I think i would have to see a few more before i'd make a decision. We like the fact you will have photos to take home with you not just the CD. Do all the outside photographers do a DVD for the same price range?

For us, we will just receive the DVD with all photos he took, which will be edited/enhanced etc..These will be full resolution jpeg images and we will need to print the ones we like on our own. He will also host our on his online web gallery with the top 80 pics. For 8 hrs it's $2000US, and we added an engagement session in Playa del Carmen for $550! I can't open you attachment for the pricing info for the new Barcelo photographers, but i remember reading that they were close to $1800 depending on the package etc you chose. Something to think about...hope this helps :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter