Photo

Can we ship wedding favors, etc to the resort ahead of time?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:01 PM

Has anyone been able to reach the WC? I just keep getting referred to the corporate wedding person in Mexico who is no help at all. I would like to ship mt wedding favors and guest gift bags directly to the resort to free up some space in my luggage. Help!
    See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#2 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:10 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by twelve_piece
      Has anyone been able to reach the WC? I just keep getting referred to the corporate wedding person in Mexico who is no help at all. I would like to ship mt wedding favors and guest gift bags directly to the resort to free up some space in my luggage. Help!
      Are you talking about the Riu? If so, if I remember correctly, the hotel doesn't accept shipments. I'm not 100% sure, but I think someone mentioned that before.

The WC's name is Chandlyn Edwards & her email addr is: weddings.ori@riu.com. I'm sure she'll let you know what their policy is regarding shipments. She may take a few days to respond but she will get back to you.
      Hope this helps.

#3 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
      • 1,260 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:09 PM

Thanks!!I will email her now and post her response when i get it.

#4 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
        • 1,260 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 01:06 AM

Chandlyn emailed me back and said that it was fine to ship items ahead of time. I askedher how to address the package, so when I hear back from her I will post her response. It seems as if her response depends on her mood at the time!

$297, wow that's pretty high. Hopefully my items won't weigh that much. I really just want to ship 25 photo albums and 25 parasol umbrellas so that I don't have to take up so much space in my luggage.

#5 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,193 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:28 PM

Quote:
            Chandlyn emailed me back and said that it was fine to ship items ahead of time. I askedher how to address the package, so when I hear back from her I will post her response. It seems as if her response depends on her mood at the time!

$297, wow that's pretty high. Hopefully my items won't weigh that much. I really just want to ship 25 photo albums and 25 parasol umbrellas so that I don't have to take up so much space in my luggage.
            Definitely keep us updated with what she says. I might consider this depending on the cost.

#6 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
            • 1,260 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:26 PM

Very True! I'll keep ya'll posted as I figure out how to handle this!

#7 bobbi-francis

bobbi-francis
              • 186 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:16 PM

Quote:
                Very True! I'll keep ya'll posted as I figure out how to handle this!
                Please please let us know...I've been thinking about that myself.
                Also-Welcome to the site!! I'm an Atlanta Bride as well...when's the big day?

#8 Copita

Copita
                • 979 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:54 PM

I think this is a great idea. Ask your wedding coordinator if you can ship it to him/her directly and they can keep it for you. :)

#9 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                  • 1,260 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:15 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bobbi-francis
                    Please please let us know...I've been thinking about that myself.
                    Also-Welcome to the site!! I'm an Atlanta Bride as well...when's the big day?
                    Thanks! April 12th, which I feel like is tomorrow!

#10 bobbi-francis

bobbi-francis
                    • 186 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:43 AM

Tell me about it!! lol...how many guests?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users