Photo

first message

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jasonsgirl

jasonsgirl
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:17 AM

Hey everyone! This is my first time on here. I just got engaged about a month and a half ago (yay:)), and since I've been so busy finishing up school (6th yr pharmacy student) I'm just now gettin a chance to start the wedding process:) The good thing is, I do have some time, we're looking at June or July 2008. Definitely want a DW, but still undecided where. I am hoping I can get some ideas from you all on this site:) I'm open to ANY suggestions or advice that anyone has! I'm feeling very overwhelmed and clueless!
    Looking forward to learning a lot:) Thanks in advance:)!!
    -ashley

Ashley & Jason
    June 2008
    El Dorado Royale

#2 -Kate-

-Kate-
    • VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:28 AM

Welcome!!

Mexico is a great option for a wedding location. Plus, with this site a TON of the research is already done for you!

#3 EDYTA

EDYTA
      • 1,277 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:31 AM

Welcome I would definately look into mexico, dominican republic (beautiful beaches), and hawaii depending on ur budget

#4 jasonsgirl

jasonsgirl
        • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:32 AM

Thanks! I'm looking for somewhere that's affordable, but I don't want to sacrifice a gorgeous location. Mexico is definitely at the top of my list; I was thinking it would be the most affordable for a DW going out of the country?? I just need some suggestions/somewhere to start....
          Thanks for your post:)!
          Ashley & Jason
          June 2008
          El Dorado Royale

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:54 AM

welcome to the forum!! everyone here is super friendly and helpful...

here are some spots:

mexico:
          cabo
          cancun
          riviera maya / playa del carman
          puerto vallarta

hawaii:
          maui would be my choice for a DW
          kauai
          oahu

jamaica
          dominican republic

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 jasonsgirl

jasonsgirl
          • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:59 AM

Those are the places that i've been hearing the most about so far. Any ideas which are the best deals? (ie; reasonably priced, good weather, nice resort)
            Thanks sooooo much:)
            Ashley & Jason
            June 2008
            El Dorado Royale

#7 EDYTA

EDYTA
            • 1,277 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:01 AM

well dominican republic is very affordable and has some amazing resorts...a lot of the girls on here are or have gotten married in Cabo...Puerto vallarta is also great...hmmm there are so many

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:04 AM

PV is less expensive than cabo or cancun...DR is inexpensive but airfare can get expensive...where are you and most of your guests coming from?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#9 jasonsgirl

jasonsgirl
              • 5 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:25 AM

I heard that Cabo can be more expensive...the Dreams resort just looked so beautiful (altho I don't really know what other good resorts are there). I also would like a place/resort where there are plenty of activities and things for us and our guests (not having a large grp tho) to do. I heard DR is beautiful, just thought it was expensive... Mostly everyone would be coming from Ohio. What about Belize? Have heard a little about that too.
                Ashley & Jason
                June 2008
                El Dorado Royale

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:30 AM

belize can get expensive with airfare...my good friend got married there and they loved staying at their resort BUT were always a little nervous when they were off the resort...and these people are seasoned travellers....like she was a volunteer nurse in india so she doesnt scare easily...also hubbies brother honeymooned there and they thought it was beautiful but they said some areas were not that safe so...if you decide you just want to stay on the resort it should be fine...

Awards and recognition: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users