• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:55 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by S2BLennon
    Are you having your reception on the beach? I am thinking of getting the fire pit set up for $100 also...
    I think I want the private reception in one of their restaurants...but we're also thinking of having a "welcome party" and thought about doing it on the beach. I never knew there were more options like dancers and a fire-pit...should I just shoot her an email?

#32 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
    • 668 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:45 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by shelley0930
      How did you secure an exact time for your cermony? My travel agent keeps telling me that my ceremony will take place about 7p.m., because that is when the judge will arrive. I would really like to have the ceremony about
      5ish to allow time for the pics.

Please help.
      IT does depend on the type of ceremony you will have, because I had a 4:00 for a ROV, then we decided to have a minister do it and have yet to hear back as to when he is available to come. I think that it depends on their schedule... I have yet to hear the time myself come to think of it!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by LadyCheese
      I think I want the private reception in one of their restaurants...but we're also thinking of having a "welcome party" and thought about doing it on the beach. I never knew there were more options like dancers and a fire-pit...should I just shoot her an email?
      I would - she responds pretty quick and I am tossing ideas around so that I can figure it out... I dont mind trading ideas with you though! I posted the email trail in another post...
      The beach reception is private just so you know. I have a pic of the set up somewhere...

#33 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
      • 668 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:47 AM

Here is a pic of basic set up for a beach reception
        Click the image to open in full size.

#34 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
        • 1,830 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 10:49 PM

Quote:
          Here is a pic of basic set up for a beach reception
          Click the image to open in full size.
          I know I am super late in replying..I have to keep checking in more frequently on the DR threads, LOL. That is a nice beach reception! The bar is included in the reception packages right? Since my other PC died, I cant access any of my Dreams correspondence which sucks!! grrrr

Have you decided where you want to have the reception?

#35 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
          • 668 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:16 PM

this is the photo that the WC sent me for the beach set up. I believe that the bar is included in the set up - and the lighting with tiki torches. No extra charge to set up on the beach.

Which is weird to me since they charge you $300 for a ceremony on the beach and that is a lot less work!

#36 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
            • 668 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:17 PM

PS- We are having everything on the beach - that is why we wanted to do a DW! :) Feet in sand and wind in the hair!

#37 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
              • 668 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:21 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by FYB87
                If we do choose Dreams we are thinking of going with the Ultimate Wedding Package. Did anyone else choose this package? Or have any feedback in regards to the Gold Wedding Dinner? Like which locations you have to choose from and options for the menu? I did send an email. But, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask you ladies!!
                I think that most people go with the silver dinner because it is an all inclusive and can't justify spending that much more for food costs. And the silver dinner seems reasonable also, that is what we are doing. And we played with the wedding packages and then priced it all out a-la-carte and it seems cheaper and easier to put it all together a-la-carte... For us anyway because we are getting the "free" wedding with the 7 night honeymoon suite.

#38 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                • 1,830 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:31 PM

Quote:
                  this is the photo that the WC sent me for the beach set up. I believe that the bar is included in the set up - and the lighting with tiki torches. No extra charge to set up on the beach.

Which is weird to me since they charge you $300 for a ceremony on the beach and that is a lot less work!
                  that is weird...oh well. we'll see. i would like to have a "welcome Party" on the beach.

#39 steph0928

steph0928
                  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:46 PM

I am getting married at Dreams Punta Cana on the 29th of November. My finance and I have selected the Ultimate Package for the wedding. We are a little unsure with what we should choose for the meal selection Does anyone have any ideas or past experience. We both love seafood and chicken, but I have heard the food there is completely different?

Also we haven't decided on a wedding reception location? The terrace looks really beautiful. All opinions are greatly appreciated.

We are just in the process of picking up table decor for the reception as well. I have looked are previous photos from the 2 Dreams Punta Cana reviews, and hate to say, but the tables look too bare. Does anyone know the cost on floral centerpieces for the tables? Can additional candles be provided?

Look forward to response.
                    Steph[/B]
                    Stephanie~

#40 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                    • 1,830 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 04:20 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by steph0928
                      I am getting married at Dreams Punta Cana on the 29th of November. My finance and I have selected the Ultimate Package for the wedding. We are a little unsure with what we should choose for the meal selection Does anyone have any ideas or past experience. We both love seafood and chicken, but I have heard the food there is completely different?

Also we haven't decided on a wedding reception location? The terrace looks really beautiful. All opinions are greatly appreciated.

We are just in the process of picking up table decor for the reception as well. I have looked are previous photos from the 2 Dreams Punta Cana reviews, and hate to say, but the tables look too bare. Does anyone know the cost on floral centerpieces for the tables? Can additional candles be provided?

Look forward to response.
                      Steph[/B]
                      I believe the floral centerpieces are $90 each, from what I recall on the list they sent me of add-ons. I dont know if they can provide addt'l candles but I know I will be bringing my own candles for decor. hope that helps. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users