#11 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:22 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by newprincessbride

BTW Celina, do you remember how close Walmart is to the Riu hotel?
    Hello, I'm not Celina, however you can find maps in this thread http://bestdestinati...m/forum/t4634-2

The Walmart is in the Marina and the Riu is in Nuevo Vallarta. I would assume its at least 1/2 hour??

#12 Celina

Celina
    • Banned
    • 2,811 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 12:03 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by amyh
      Hello, I'm not Celina, however you can find maps in this thread http://bestdestinati...m/forum/t4634-2

The Walmart is in the Marina and the Riu is in Nuevo Vallarta. I would assume its at least 1/2 hour??
      ~It's probably closer to 20 minutes. Depends on how fast your cab driver takes the speed bumps leaving Nuevo Vallarta! :) If you go, just be prepared for a smell and experience like never before! Just grab your cart and go, go, go! Also, you can't take backpacks or bags into the store. You have to check them at the door. We went on a Monday evening and it was a chaotic madhouse in there! The Sam's club is right next door to the Wal Mart.
      "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#13 theresasc

theresasc
      • 55 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:05 PM

Keep us updated on what you find! I don't want to spend 300.00 on a cake.

#14 Celina

Celina
        • Banned
        • 2,811 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:34 AM

After months of research, I heard from the manager at the Sam's Club in PV. He said that both Sams and Wal Mart only do one layer cakes. He gave me some names of places to contact for cakes.

SO - my search for a reasonably priced 3 layer cake continues.........

#15 KatieT

KatieT
          • 20 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 01:49 PM

Hi Celina!

Congrats on your wedding last month! I'm just wondering what you decided to do for your cake. My wedding is next June in PV and I'm looking for a reasonable priced cake also.

Thanks!
            Katie

#16 godaloveme

godaloveme
            • 282 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 06:30 PM

ditto
              was wondering the same thing our wedding is in nov so i have some time !!! but I went to pie in the sky last month and was not happy with there survise or there prices
              I would love to know what you found out and what backery u went with ?

#17 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
              • 1,574 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:00 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE
                When anyone was in PV, has anyone been into the Sam's Club? We were there and didn't go in and now I am kicking myself in the butt for it. This is my dilema:

While in PV, we went to Pie in the Sky bakery to check on wedding cakes. They quoted us a price of $300 for a 3 tier cake to feed 30-40 people. That's $10 - $7.50 per piece of cake. Our choices of cake flavors were almond, vanilla and chocolate with buttercream frosting. For $300 I would like to have a different kind of cake flavor. Maybe a filling or something.

I just wasn't over the moon with the cake there and was wondering if good old Sam's club in PV did cakes. I looked on their website and couldn't find anything. I guess as a little girl I just had this vision of a beautiful 3 tier wedding cake with flowers and a topper. But for $300 for a cake I don't like the tast of just makes me mad.

Thanks!
                Celina
                Hello! I always work with Memo from Charme - if you look on my site, all the cakes you see on there were done by him (and cupcakes!). I think his prices are reasonable for a wedding cake. His phone # is 322-222-7320. Their website - which isn't great but, again, just take a look at his cakes on the site - is: Click the image to open in full size.
                Click the image to open in full size.

#18 Celina

Celina
                • Banned
                • 2,811 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:44 AM

Mishka - beautiful cakes! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by godaloveme
                  ditto
                  was wondering the same thing our wedding is in nov so i have some time !!! but I went to pie in the sky last month and was not happy with there survise or there prices
                  I would love to know what you found out and what backery u went with ?
                  I agree with you about Pie in the Sky. Their staff NEVER got back with me.

Well, I decided to take my chances and go with the hotel baker. We had a three layer cake. Bottom layer was chocolate, midle was strawberry and top was vanilla. The frosting was like a whipped cream and the cake was delicious! We paid $100 for it. (Each layer was $50 and we got the top for free).

I gave them a picture of what I wanted and I thought they did an amazing job.

The topper was ours as was the pedestal. The cake board they used was a little big, but it was better than I imagined. They just added the fresh flowers.

#19 KatieT

KatieT
                  • 20 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:33 PM

Celina - Thanks for the update! I think your cake turned out great. What a beautiful cake for $100.

I've got to start making some phone calls soon. There's only going to be about 20 of us, so I'd definitely like something small and $100 or less!

P.S. Your photo on the beach is beautiful!

#20 clmarti1

clmarti1
                    • 207 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 09:57 PM

I really like how your cake turned out! My WC recommended Charme as well. My parents went for the cake tasting and my dad thought he was in heaven!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users