Wedding Decor

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 -Kate-

-Kate-
  • VIP Member
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:13 AM

I love Janet's centerpieces. What would you guys do for our color scheme? It's red and turquoise/aqua.

Thanks - Kate

#12 Janet

Janet
    • VIP Member
    • 7,459 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:13 AM

Thanks, girls. I'm always happy to pass on my cheapness gene :)

Kate...

What about using these plates somehow in the center: Click the image to open in full size.(link)
      Maybe placed on top of a pretty turquoise table runner, with assorted candles on top of the plate?

I don't know...just brainstorming here. I can't really think of a good fruit!

#13 gkashmira

gkashmira
      • 1,962 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:29 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by host
        hey kash and ali...i posted the cutest centerpeices with limes in round vases and pink flowers...how cute would that be...and limes are inexpensive!! look in the picgallery for them.

ali i guess you have to decide what type of decor you want...alot of times, the WC's will have it down there...OR some brides that are getting married at the same resort around the same time may want to consider sharing costs for lights, etc...

Click the image to open in full size.
        Tammy - I love those centerpeices - so beautiful and sophisticated but also very colorful!
        Kashmira & Dan
        Happily married since June 16, 2007
        http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
        Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
        Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#14 -Kate-

-Kate-
        • VIP Member
        • 7,676 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:32 AM

Janet - You are BLISS!!! Coral is actually our theme! Those plates are perfect!!!
          Can I use any more exclaimation points in one post

#15 gkashmira

gkashmira
          • 1,962 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:34 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JANET1111
            Thanks, girls. I'm always happy to pass on my cheapness gene :)

Kate...

What about using these plates somehow in the center: Click the image to open in full size.(link)
            Maybe placed on top of a pretty turquoise table runner, with assorted candles on top of the plate?

I don't know...just brainstorming here. I can't really think of a good fruit!
            Those are so cute! I feel like you could really make these plates (or the bowls which are cute) work with (floating?) blue candles and maybe some shells/ mini starfish etc. You could ptu the shells in the bowl/plate or just scatter then around the dishes... very cute.

My colors are red, orange, yellow and pink... put that creative (and thrifty) brain to work! Oranges? Strawberries? pink gerber daisies?
            Kashmira & Dan
            Happily married since June 16, 2007
            http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
            Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
            Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#16 -Kate-

-Kate-
            • VIP Member
            • 7,676 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:48 AM

Kash -
              What about a mound of oranges with 3 - 5 hot pink daises stuck in between them?

As for the coral - they also have red coral placemats. I'm totally going to be stealing Janet's idea using the placemat, a piece of faux coral,and a few flowers. I love cheapness!

#17 Janet

Janet
              • VIP Member
              • 7,459 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:57 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LALA
                Janet - You are BLISS!!! Coral is actually our theme! Those plates are perfect!!!
                Can I use any more exclaimation points in one post
                Oh yay! I just googled red coral and they showed up! And they are on SALE!!! lol. Glad I could help.

Now Kash I will start thinking of ideas for you....but I am late for work. Too many wedding pics on the board this morning! (How can I explain to my boss I am still wedding-obsessed?)

#18 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:13 AM

Janet don't explain to your boss, show him/her the website and they will be hooked as well.. lol

#19 JENGONDA9

JENGONDA9
                  • 163 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:21 PM

hey girls - we are going pretty minimalistic. i didn't like the candle holders our hotel had so i bought 9 big silver ones that look kinda like disco balls but have half clear glass pieces. they are heavy but fortunately my mom's BF is flying them down for me in his plane so i don't have to carry them.
                    then we are surrounding them with tea lights to create a good reflection and then scattering the tables with rose petals.
                    Jen & Aaron
                    January 13, 2007

#20 *JillD*

*JillD*
                    • 5,112 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:42 PM

I haven't decided yet on my decor, but I want to keep it simple and cheap. I definetly want fuschia, but haven't totally decided on the other colors, I'm thinking either a bright orange, maybe some white. any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users