Don't know what to do about travel?!?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 destinationcabo

• 74 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:02 PM

I just want to post that I am sooo confused and frustrated right now....
    My wedding will be in Cabo in July of 2008. We are getting married at Casa del Mar, but we are not staying there.....as a matter of fact, I have no idea where we are staying at now!
    First off, I have a timeshare at Cabo Villas, my sister and mother both have timeshares at Villa del Palmar, (actually my sister has 2 rooms there), and my future MIL has a timeshare at Sheraton Hacienda del Mar. So, I wanted to stay at Villa del Palmar so I can be with my mom and sister, so they can help me out with the wedding stuff and my son! So a friend referred me to her friend who is starting out a new "travel agent" biz. At our first meeting it sounded all good, she was looking in to all of the Villa Group resorts in Cabo - we needed 10 rooms and preferred all-inclusive. Now she says the Villa Group won't work with her on all-inclusive and now the first price she gave us for airfare is no longer available and is now much higher.
    I really want to work out a group deal for my guests, and I really hoped we could all stay in the same hotel, but now I'm thinking we may just book our timeshare and hope it all works out.....
    Any ideas, suggestions, comments.....
    Any other nearby hotel to Villa del Palmar?

#2 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
    • 530 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:25 PM

Christa, I have never been to Cabo so I'm not going to be any help there. But if I were in your shoes I would hire a travel agent that knows what there are doing with travel south of the border. Planing your wedding is not the time to be giving a friends friend a start into the biz. You need an agent that you can place your trust in to get things done the way you want them.

just my .02

#3 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 03 January 2008 - 10:18 PM

i hope your friend has not joined the travel agent pyramid like ytb..if so those
      "agents" rarely know anything about booking travel.

ive never heard of them doing AI at those resorts...sometimes they will go a food credit though

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
      Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 mrsmark08

• 136 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by host
        i hope your friend has not joined the travel agent pyramid like ytb..if so those
        "agents" rarely know anything about booking travel.
        it's funny you mention that tammy,i recently had a "friend" approah me about that same company ytb, asking if i'd be interested. my first thought was how could I be considered a qualified travel agent? and second, wow, this sounds a lot like a pyramid thing. i quickly said "no way!" I'm thankful to have found you through the forum, it's brought nothing but good things so far =)

#5 destinationcabo

• 74 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:00 PM

Wow! You hit the nail on the head Tammy! I just went through her e-mails and it is in fact YTB. Thanks for the warning. I think I will just thank her for her effort and start from scratch.

#6 A10CalGal

• VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 01:41 PM

Finally I have a name twin on here! Hi Christa!

Well, it sounds like you've determined your friend is not the way to go.

I was going to say that the Villa Group does offer an all-inclusive plan of some sort. We've stayed at Villa del Palmar & Villa del Arco and it was an option when we reserved our room. I can't recall the upcharge because we did not go that route.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users